Privacy Notice Statement
The Public Service Commission of Canada is committed to protecting the privacy rights of individuals, including safeguarding the personal information you provide voluntarily through your online GC Jobs account.
- Your personal information is collected in accordance with the Privacy Act and under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act, the Employment Equity Act, the Canadian Human Rights Act, and article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Your personal information is protected under the Privacy Act and may also be included in following Personal Information Banks: PSC PPU 010, 015, 025, PSC PCE 746, 761 and TBS PCE 739.
- The information you provide will be used within the Public Service Commission, and shared with the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat and other federal government organizations to identify applicants suitable for referrals and appointments to positions within the federal public service. This information is also frequently matched with the analytical environment database (PSC PCE 761) for statistical purposes and program evaluation.
- Assessment results, including unsupervised internet testing, may also be collected and accessed through your GC Jobs account to facilitate the staffing process.
- Employment equity information may be used for related recruitment, human resources management and statistical purposes by the Public Service Commission, the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, Treasury Board Secretariat and the employing federal department or agency. This information may be provided to the following systems: Analytical Environment (PSC PCE 761) and Employment Equity Data Base (CPSA PCE 739). Also note that the employment equity information in your GC Jobs account may be shared with federal departments or agencies each time you apply to a job, whether or not employment equity is a criterion for screening and selection.
- Other than for recruitment, information on Nunavut Land Claims Agreement beneficiaries may be used for analytical purposes and shared with Employment and Social Development Canada for reporting on the Inuit Labour Force Analysis.
- The information you provide may also be collected, retained, used, or disclosed for non-administrative purposes by the Public Service Commission’s program activities in accordance with the authority under the Public Service Employment Act for the following purposes: studies, evaluations, analytical activities, audits, research, reporting, surveys, and statistical analysis.
- The information may be disclosed to the Public Service Commission’s Investigations Directorate (PSC PPU 010) in accordance with section 8(2) of the Privacy Act and the authority under the Public Service Employment Act.
You have the right to review and correct information about yourself and can be assured that your personal information will not be used for any unauthorized purposes. To obtain more information, please consult Info Source.
More information on the Public Service Commission’s privacy policies and practices as well as contact information is available in Terms and Conditions.
By logging into your GC Jobs account, you consent to your personal information being used in accordance with the above.
- Date modified: