Selection process number: 22-DFO-MAR-EA-560440
SELECTION PROCESS CANCELLED
We regret to inform you that this job opportunity has been cancelled.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
• Provides project management services to support the delivery of SCH projects and programs (i.e. Provides technical services through the planning, design, tendering and construction phases of non-complex projects with particular emphasis on the production of sketches, inspection and testing, and on-site supervision/representation for various construction and dredging projects). Tracks and reports on progress of own projects.
• Plans and undertakes condition assessment inspections as part of the lifecycle management program to monitor the condition of the asset base and ensure the data is entered in the database.
• Performs inspections and compliance audits in support of the environmental management program and keeps environment databases up-to-date.
• Provides technical input for program, project and long-range capital planning.
• Produces tender-ready sketches and specifications for non-complex projects, in consultation with a senior project engineer or senior project technologist.
• Reviews and evaluates technical literature to maintain awareness of technological developments and advances.
• Controls and monitors assigned materiel and financial resources.
Small Craft Harbours is a nationwide program run by Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO). More than 5,000 volunteers assist the program annually. It keeps the harbours that are critical to the fishing industry open and in good repair. The program operates and maintains a national system of harbours to provide commercial fish harvesters and other harbour users with safe and accessible facilities.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to establish a pool of qualified candidates to be used to staff a permanent position in St. George, New Brunswick. A pool of qualified candidates will be established and may be used to staff other similar positions with various tenures, various language requirements and various security requirements.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
• Graduation from a diploma or degree program from a recognized post-secondary institution (minimum two academic years) in civil engineering, construction engineering, construction, civil, architectural technology or related construction technology.
• Experience providing project management and technical support for construction, maintenance or repairs of infrastructure
• Experience managing the scope, schedule and budget during the implementation of construction and/or dredging projects
• Experience conducting site inspections, monitoring progress, and inspecting the quality and phasing of the work to ensure compliance with the requirements of construction projects
• Experience providing technical advice in the planning of infrastructure projects
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
• Certification as a technology professional with one or more of the following or equivalent designations by a provincial professional organization recognized by the Canadian Technology Accreditation Board (CTAB): Certified Engineering Technologist (CET), Certified Technician (C. Tech) and/or Applied Science Technologist (A. Sc. T)
• Experience preparing construction drawings using technical drawing software, such as AutoCAD, in both 2D and 3D modelling, in order to produce sketches and translate sometimes vague descriptions received from non-technical persons into accurate and concrete representations to produce tender sketches to industry standards. Focus is placed on the drawing and editing commands and other various tools required to produce two dimensional construction drawings using AutoCAD on a Windows platform
• Experience interpreting working drawings and plans and preparing detailed construction cost estimates for all aspects including quantity takeoffs, labour, transportation, equipment rental and leasing costs, inflationary parameters, etc. using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Experience preparing tender packages for competitive tender closings and the analysis of competitive quotes
• Experience negotiating and resolving disagreement or contract disputes
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
• Knowledge of the principles of life cycle management of assets
• Knowledge of project management theories and practices
• Knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation
• Values and Ethics – Serving through integrity and respect
• Strategic Thinking – Innovating through analysis and ideas
• Engagement – Mobilizing people, organizations and partners
• Ability to analyze issues, assess impacts and develop options or solutions
• Ability to communicate orally
• Ability to communicate in writing
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
• Willing to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and week-ends as determined by construction schedules
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must be willing to travel as required
• Must have the physical ability to inspect marine structures and climb ladders
• Must possess a valid provincial driver's license
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application how they meet the education and experience criteria outlined in the essential qualifications. Resumes may be used as a secondary source to validate the information described in the cover letter. Failure to provide this information in the requested format may result in your application being rejected. Applicants are asked to take the same approach to describe their education and experiences of the asset qualifications (other qualifications).
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Depending on the position being staffed, any of the qualifications listed under the 'may be needed for the job' section may also be deemed as an essential qualification and only candidates and persons with a priority entitlement who possess those qualifications will be considered for that specific vacancy.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Brenda Lloyd, HR Business Partner|
- Date modified: