Organization and Classification PE-03/PE-04 Casual Inventory
Selection process number: 2021-EA-HRB-PE_03-PE_04-658-1
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is looking for talented and skilled individuals in organizational design and classification. We offer a diverse, inclusive, respectful and healthy work environment that offers flexible work arrangements to ensure work-life balance.
Intent of the process
This is a continuous intake inventory to create and maintain an inventory for future casual opportunities. As we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team, our plan is to select submitted applications from the inventory on an as needed basis until the poster closes.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in human resources management, labour or industrial relations, psychology, public or business administration, organizational development, education sciences, social sciences, sociology, or in any other field relevant to the work to be performed.
1. Indeterminate incumbents of PE positions and of positions in the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions and in Indian Oil and Gas Canada that are equivalent to PE positions on October 1, 1999, who do not possess the education level prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. They must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing PE positions and positions in the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions and Indian Oil and Gas Canada that are equivalent to PE positions. This note also applies to persons appointed or deployed, for an indeterminate period, to PE positions after that date as the result of staffing transactions started before October 1, 1999. The positions in the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions and in Indian Oil and Gas Canada that are equivalent to PE positions are those that meet the Treasury Board definition for the PE occupational group.
2. The courses for the specialization must be acceptable and must have been taken at a recognized post-secondary institution, but not necessarily within a degree program in the required specialization.
3. An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience, that is comparable to a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization relevant to the work to be performed, may serve as an alternative to meet the minimum education standard. Whenever the minimum education standard is met through this alternative, it is met only for the position being staffed, and candidates must be re-assessed for future appointments or deployments where the manager has decided to use this alternative.
Accreditation in Classification in the Public Service.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Experience working in an operational classification environment.
- Experience working in a classification policy centre/corporate environment.
- Experience providing advice and guidance to managers involving the interpretation and application of legislation, policies, guidelines and procedures governing classification.
- Experience providing organizational design services.
- Experience mentoring or coaching junior employees in classification.
- Experience chairing Grievance Committees and writing grievance reports.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Strategic Staffing (HRB)|
- Date modified: