Disability Management and Wellness Consultant
Selection process number: 21-PCH-EA-OMB-3301
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The duties of this position include:
• Provide advice and services to employees and managers regarding disability and wellness support services;
• Coordinate special projects and initiatives;
• Develop tools;
• Update the information for the intranet of the Office of Values and Ethics (BVE);
• Develop, organize and / or lead virtual events and (optionally) in-person events.
The Office of Values and Ethics (OVE) is made up of a team of seven employees headed by the Ombudsman. The main goal of the OVE is to help employees, at all hierarchical levels at PCH, cope with the personal and professional challenges that the workplace can present. To do this, the OVE uses a range of specialized tools and services.
Intent of the process
The Office of Values and Ethics (OVE) is looking for a Disability Management and Wellness Advisor (AS-03) for an indefinite period.
Once Canadian Heritage's needs have been met, this pool could be used to staff other AS-03 positions in federal departments and agencies.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
-A high school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in providing advice or guidance with regard to well-being (such as mental health) or disability management.
- Experience coordinating projects or initiatives (such as training, workshops,etc.).
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Post-secondary diploma in a field related to the position.
- Experience in providing services to a vulnerable population
- Experience in making presentations or delivering information sessions.
- Experience developing procedures and working tools.
- Experience in facilitating discussions.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual - Imperative (CCC/CCC)
A reading comprehension test and an unsupervised writing test for level C will be administered after the application and by invitation only.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Thinking things through
- Working effectively with others
- Communication – Oral and written
- Service excellence
- Administrative coordination and liaison
Note : Prior to the skills assessment, you will be provided with the skill level and description to guide you through the assessment process.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
In support of achieving a representative workforce and our employment equity goals, consideration may be given to qualified candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the Employment Equity groups: Women, *Indigenous Peoples, Racialized Communities, Persons with Disabilities.
*In this process, we are using the terms “Indigenous Peoples’’ and “Racialized Communities” as they align with international usage and in this process replace the legislative terms “Aboriginal peoples” and “Visible Minorities’’ that appear in the Employment Equity Act and the Employment Equity Regulations. The definitions have not changed.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless accommodated.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Date modified: