Developmental Program Officer (PM-01) / Junior Program Officer (PM-02)
Selection process number: 22-DIS-ON-EA-423055
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous Services Canada is committed to achieving a competent, representative workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We work hard to create a welcoming, respectful and inclusive workplace through a variety of programs and initiatives. We invite you to join an organization in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. We encourage members of the following employment equity groups to apply and to self-identify: Women (especially in occupational groups where they are under-represented), members of a visible minority group, Indigenous peoples and persons with a disability.
All information received in relation to self-identification is kept confidential.
Indigenous Services Canada will periodically pull and review the applications received and contact applicants selected for further assessment based on the needs. If you are not familiar with inventories, please consult the ''Frequently Asked Questions'' section at the bottom of the advertisement.
**IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW**
1) With the exception of the "Ability to communicate orally and in writing", you MUST provide concrete and detailed examples to clearly demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria of education, experience and personal suitability and any asset education and asset experience if applicable. Your response must include HOW (concrete examples), WHEN (dates) and WHERE (location of work) you meet the essential criteria required. An online Screening Questionnaire has been created to assist you in completing this information.
2) Your resume may be used as a secondary source to validate the qualifications described; comments such as "refer to my attached resume" will not be accepted and may result in your application being rejected.
3) You may be selected based on the complexity/ breadth and depth of the examples (i.e. projects/initiatives/activities) that you chose to include in your answers.
4) Your application may be used as a source of information to assess the Ability to Communicate Effectively in Writing.
5) Depending on the number of applicants, ISC needs and HR plans, volume management strategies such as random selection, application of one (1) or more assets, top-down approach, and/or cut-off scores MAY be used for the purpose of managing applications/candidates. Breadth and depth of the assessed qualifications may be considered.
Virtual work arrangements may be available and will be determined on a case by case basis dependent on operational feasibility at the time of hiring and the position to be staffed. Some positions require the selected candidate to work in the office. This will be determined by the hiring manager based on the duties of the position to be staffed.
Intent of the process
A pool of qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff similar positions with various linguistic profiles and/or requirements as well as tenures (Acting, Assignment, Deployment, Secondment, Determinate, and Indeterminate appointments) and/or security clearance (reliability or secret), which may vary according to the position being staffed.
By default, and in the interest of the greater public service, pools created as a result of staffing processes at ISC may be shared with other government departments.
Re-evaluation period: If you submitted an application and/or underwent assessment and were found not qualified, you may resubmit an application to be considered after a 6 month waiting period, from the time when the last assessment was completed.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
A secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives.
1. A satisfactory score on the PSC test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma; or
2. An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
PM-01 and PM-02
Recent* and significant** experience in using technology (e.g. Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams, Skype), video conferencing applications, etc.)
*Recent experience is defined as within the last 3 years.
**Significant experience is defined as a duration of 6 consecutive months.
Experience in providing services to clients.
Experience in gathering and providing information according to procedures/directives.
Experience in providing advice and services to clients.
Experience researching and compiling information from multiple sources.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
Ability to communicate orally.
Ability to communicate in writing.
Demonstrates integrity and respect.
Thinking things through.
Working effectively with others.
Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
A qualified candidate may be offered the position even though he or she does not meet any or all of the asset qualifications. However, asset criteria are desirable and may be invoked at any point of the staffing process by the hiring manager, including for being a deciding factor in choosing the candidate.
PM-01 and PM-02:
Experience working in a government setting.
Experience in providing services to or working with First Nations, Inuit or Metis.
Experiencing in delivering programs or services that require providing information, explanation or clarification to the general public.
Experience working on the production and/or administration of funding agreements.
Experience working in a system or systems used to administer grants and/or contribution funding.
Knowledge of the Government of Canada Policy on Transfer Payments
Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity group: Aboriginal persons
Information on employment equity
CURRENT AND/OR FUTURE ORGANIZATIONAL NEEDS:
Indigenous Services Canada is committed to having a skilled and diversified workforce representative of the population it serves. In support of our strategy to achieve our employment goals for Aboriginal peoples, preference may be given to candidates who, at the time of application indicate that they are an Aboriginal person (self-declaration).
Conditions of employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Reliability or secret security clearance depending on the position being staffed.
All employees of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
On October 6, 2021, the Government of Canada announced details of its plans to require vaccination across the federal public service.
As per the new Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Core Public Administration Including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, federal public servants in the Core Public Administration and members of the RCMP must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate (permanent), determinate (term), casual, and student hiring. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete an attestation
• Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent.
• All communications relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email or via the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS). It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updates as required. Candidates who apply to this selection process must include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
• Candidates are required to submit their application by using the online system. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the email address indicated in the "Contact information" section below. Please provide an explanation as to why you are not applying on-line for consideration. (Note: You must state the Selection Process number in the Subject of enquiry)
• You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
• Depending on the requirements of the position(s) being staffed from this process, for current or future vacancies, any or all of the asset qualifications, operational requirements, and organizational needs may be applied at any stage in this selection process (i.e. screening and appointment stage).
• Various means of assessment may be used (for example: interview, written exam, reference checks, performance assessments, achievement record), depending on the needs of the hiring manager.
• Applicants are entitled to participate in the staffing process in the official language of their choice and are required to indicate their preferred official language in their application profile.
• Candidates are expected to make a reasonable effort to make themselves available for assessments as scheduled. Rescheduling will only permitted for accommodation measures or for other exceptional/extenuating circumstances, to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
• Candidates invited to the assessment stage will be required to provide proof of their education credentials, i.e., their degree or official transcript. Failure to do so may result in you not being considered further in the selection process.
• Candidates with foreign credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at http://www.cicic.ca/
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
◦ How does an inventory work?
An inventory is a selection process that can be used by various hiring managers to meet their current and future needs. As a result, you will apply only once to be considered for multiple job opportunities at the AS-01/CR-05 level.
◦ Why was my application automatically rejected when I submitted it?
In order to be placed in the inventory, you must meet the essential education qualification at the time you submit your application. If you receive a message "Application rejected at screening" immediately after submitting your application, you probably answered "No" to the screening question assessing the essential qualification of education. If you have incorrectly indicated "No" for this qualification, simply retrieve your application and update your answer to the screening question.
◦ What happens if my application expires?
Your application will be kept in the inventory for 90 days. A notice will be posted in the "My Job File" menu of your account 12 days before your application expires. If you do not take this into account, your application will be deactivated and it will no longer be considered for submissions from this inventory. In the event that your application expires during the effective period of this inventory, a notice will be posted in your account. If you wish to confirm your interest and reactivate your application, select the "Renewal of my application" link.
◦ I have a disability that does not allow me to apply online, who do I contact to help me with the submission of my job application?
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Noor Al-Switi, Human Resources Advisor|
- Date modified: