Senior Business Officer
Selection process number: 22-WCO-EA-HQ-236
Not your average team! PrairiesCan is one of the Prairies best employers because of its support for employees, innovative workplace and ability to make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are driven to be the best at what we do. We hire top talent and provide an employment experience that brings out the best in people. We are motivated by achieving great results for Canadians.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the process, please contact Nathaniel by email at Nathaniel.email@example.com. Information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential
PrairiesCan is looking for Senior Business Officers to join our team. If you are motivated and interested in an exciting opportunity for growth in a dynamic department please apply.
We are looking for people who think independently, work creatively and enjoy working in a team environment to support the priorities of the department. As a Senior Business Officer, you will be challenged to connect with people, build relationships, and develop creative approaches to addressing challenges or opportunities related to economic development in the Prairies. Successful candidates will work in a team environment to provide planning, development, implementation and assessment of complex programs, in support of the PrairiesCan mandate to enhance economic development.
Senior Business Officers (CO-02) will be responsible for leading consultations on IT system business requirements to support PrairieCans’ Grants & Contribution (G&C) programs, User Acceptance Testing on business systems, training plan development and delivery, help desk support, system support, leading new program consultations, and project coordination for the development of our G&C system.
PrairiesCan works to develop and diversify the economy of Prairies Canada by delivering grants and contributions programs and advocating on behalf of the Prairies.
Why Choose PrairiesCan:
• Work with amazing people who support each other
• Meaningful work that makes a difference to the country
• Excellent compensation package
• Flexible work arrangements
• Modern work tools and technology
Intent of the process
There is an anticipatory need to fill a 2 year term position or a permanent (indeterminate) position.
A pool of qualified candidates (fully assessed or partially assessed) will be established and may be used to staff similar positions at this group and level. This process may be used for various positions and tenures (including but not limited to term and indeterminate appointments, internal assignments, secondment, deployments, acting appointments, casual) as well as various locations, security requirements, language requirements and conditions of employment.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
A covering letter "1,500 words (maximum)"
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
• Completion of post secondary education (this includes college diplomas or university degrees) with acceptable specialization in Management Information Systems, Commerce or other specialization relevant to the position.
At the manager’s discretion, an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience, that is comparable to a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization relevant to the work to be performed, may serve as an alternative to meet the minimum education standard.
• Experience in conducting research, analysis and making recommendations for the enhancement of IT systems, programs, and/or business processes.
• Experience leading consultations with internal or external clients.
• Experience in IT systems (such as SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Power BI, and/or G&C systems).
• Experience in preparing training materials.
• Demonstrating integrity/respect;
• Thinking things through;
• Working with others;
• Showing initiative/being action-oriented; and
• Communication (Oral and Written)
• Ability to analyze information to provide recommendations.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
• Graduate education in a field relevant to the position
• Experience working and supporting a user base with the technology they employ to deliver G&C programing.
• Experience using MS Excel and advanced features such as pivot tables, macros, and advanced formulas.
• Experience with IT project management.
• Experience conducting User Acceptance Testing and preparing training materials to support business systems.
• Experience performing business requirements gathering activities (for example: reviewing, analysing and validating requirements) related to information technology (IT) or information management (IM).
• Depth, breadth and scope of experience in any one or combination of any of the experience requirements.
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Ability and willingness to work overtime
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
TIPS FOR APPLICANTS: When answering the screening questions ensure that you provide complete and thorough details of your experience. Do not assume that the screening board has any previous knowledge of your background, qualifications, or work history. You must be specific and provide concrete examples/details for each Experience element, as applications will be screened only on the information provided. Failure to provide sufficient information may result in your application being screened out of the competition.
For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with the candidates by email. Candidates who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid email address and make sure that this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
Depending on the number of applicants, the needs and/or Human Resources plans, volume management strategies such as random selection, top-down approach and/or establishing cut-off scores to determine who will continue in the staffing process, MAY BE USED for the purpose of managing applications.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Nathaniel Harrigan - Principal Human Resources Consultant|
- Date modified: