Recruiting Inspection Assistants on PEI
Selection process number: 22-ICA-ATL-OE-TERM-PEI-021
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment. Applications may be collected from this inventory as early as March 1st, 2022. Apply before this date to be considered for our immediate vacancies.
We will only accept applications received through the GC Jobs website, therefore you must submit your application by clicking on “Apply online” in this advertisement. Persons who are unable to apply online must use the “Contact information” below, prior to the closing date, to request specialized accommodation.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is a separate employer and is not subject to the Public Service Employment Act.
MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION
On October 6, 2021, the Government of Canada announced details of its plans to require vaccination across the federal public service.
As a separate employer, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has implemented the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, that requires all CFIA employees to attest to their vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated, unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate (permanent), determinate (term), assignment and student hiring to the CFIA. Should you reach the point in the staffing process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment, the hiring manager will contact you.
The CFIA considers applications from individuals who have legal status to work in Canada and does not give preference to Canadian citizens.
In your application, please identify the legal status which entitles you to work in Canada - Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. You will be asked to show proof of this status in order to complete the security screening required for employment. Failure to provide this information will eliminate your application from further consideration.
Individuals without Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or an open or CFIA-specific work permit will only be considered if all other applicants with legal status to work in Canada are determined to be not qualified.
Under the supervision of an inspector:
•Assists in the collection of soil sampling.
•Collects and records information about inspection results as well as other survey related activities.
The work is performed outside and consists of walking fields, soil sampling fields and recording information. The environment is very collaborative and fosters a team work approach. Assistant inspectors receive support and guidance from inspectors.
Intent of the process
We currently have an immediate need to recruit a large number of assistant inspectors to begin work on April 18, 2022 until June 15th 2022 approximately. The intent of this Inventory is to have a pool of candidates to draw from when vacancies arise for current and future needs. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
EEd1: Successful completion of secondary school or CFIA approved alternatives.
Applicants submitting education credentials from a non-Canadian institution are responsible for obtaining certification that these credentials are the equivalent of the Canadian education level required for the position.
Please refer to the link below for more information.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - Applicants who have not lived in Canada for the past five (or ten, depending on security level) years may be required to submit a police certificate from each country in which they have lived for six months or more during this period, as well as other documentation required for the security screening process. Failure to submit this documentation if requested will eliminate the application from further consideration.
The following conditions of employment are required for an appointment from the pool:
• Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
• Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
• Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
• Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
• In accordance with the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, all employees of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
• To use in the prescribed circumstances and manner all prescribed safety materials, equipment, devices and clothing.
• To assume responsibility for making transportation arrangements to get to diverse and distant work sites in a timely and efficient manner.
• Willing and available to travel, as required.
• Willing and available to work shifts.
• Willing and available to travel, as required.
• Willing and available to work irregular hours (e.g., days, nights, weekends, statutory holidays).
• Willing and available to work overtime, as required.
• Willing and able to work in environmentally challenging or physically demanding conditions.
• Willing and able to carry and wear 20 kg of protective equipment while performing duties.
1. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
2. Personal information is obtained for the purpose of determining an individual’s competence and suitability for employment. If a staffing complaint questions this determination, please be advised that relevant personal information you will provide in the course of this staffing process may be disclosed to substantiate the staffing decision.
3. Please ensure that you read ALL points listed below, as this section contains important information about the application process. Failure to read these notes and follow these instructions could result in your application missing required information which may result in your application being eliminated from this staffing process.
a) You are entitled to participate in the staffing process in the official language of your choice.
b) For this staffing process, the CFIA will communicate with you by email. You must provide a valid email address to which you wish to receive communication regarding this staffing process. You must ensure that you check your email account including spam, promotion or other folders regularly as there may be a deadline for responses. If you respond past the deadline you risk being removed from the staffing process.
c) Applicants who are screened in to this staffing process will be sent further information by email regarding what to expect during subsequent phases of this staffing process.
d) During the application or assessment process both cheating and plagiarism are considered forms of misconduct and are not permitted. Any person found cheating, including those who help others to cheat, may be subject to removal from the staffing process.
e) For more information on how to apply to a CFIA staffing process, please visit: https://inspection.gc.ca/about-the-cfia/job-opportunities/how-to-apply/eng/1340676915348/1340679107182.
f) You will be asked to provide proof of your education credentials later in the staffing process.
g) All written and verbal communication obtained throughout the staffing process, from the time of application to close of process, may be used to evaluate the candidate.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Atlantic Staffing Team|
- Date modified: