Detachment Services Assistant
Selection process number: 22-RCM-EA-K-WAD-GPRAIRIE-113431
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
***Applicants are encouraged to apply ONLY if they are willing and able to relocate to Grande Prairie, Alberta.***
*ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*
When submitting an application to this selection process, you will be prompted to answer screening questions concerning the essential education, and the essential and asset experience qualifications. It is your responsibility to provide clear and concrete examples in your responses to each question, including when (from-to), where (occupational title, organization) and how you obtained your education and experience.
It is recommended that you describe the experience examples in specific terms, providing sufficient details so that the Assessment Board can clearly understand. Describe the situation/task, the action you took, what you accomplished and/or what you learned. Content of your response must be supported by your CV/resume as your responses to these questions will be used as a primary source of information and your CV/resume will only be used to validate this information. Should you indicate in your response "please refer to CV/resume" your application will be rejected.
FAILURE TO CLEARLY DEMONSTRATE IN THE SCREENING QUESTIONS HOW YOU MEET THE SCREENING CRITERIA WILL RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE SOLICITED FOR INCOMPLETE OR MISSING INFORMATION.
Intent of the process
This process will initially be used to staff two positions on an indeterminate basis and create a pool of qualified candidates. The pool of qualified candidates may be used to staff similar positions with various tenures (i.e. indeterminate, term, deployment, acting, assignment and secondment) within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Should a Civilian Member (CM) be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to the Public Service (PS) category for the CM. Information regarding the CM appointment will be sent to all applicable candidates who are within the area of selection and participated in the advertised process.
Positions to be filled: 2
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Successful completion of two years of secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience*
*Proof of education will be required prior to appointment
- Experience in the provision of administrative support services including four of the following: data entry, electronic and/or paper based records management, preparing correspondence, ordering office supplies, filing, processing mail or transcription
- Experience in using computer applications including three of the following: databases, email, spreadsheets or word processing
- Experience providing service to internal or external clients / general public, via telephone or in person.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Experience providing administrative support services in a law enforcement and/or legal environment.
- Experience and/or training in providing financial support services such as the collection and recording of monies received, handling petty cash funds, verifying supplier invoices, preparing invoices, verifying and correcting financial claims.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Being Organized
- Thinking things through
- Working effectively with others
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Willing and able to work in a busy police environment, including exposure to unsettling and/or graphic material.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, as required.
- Willingness and ability to obtain and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Willing and able to travel for work and/or training purposes using various modes of transportation (including owned or leased government transport).
Conditions of employment
RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status security clearance.
Those selected must meet and maintain the above condition of employment throughout their employment.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
For this selection process, we will communicate with applicants by e-mail. Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and ensure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CANDIDATE TO ENSURE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION IS PROVIDED AND UPDATED AS REQUIRED.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring all information provided on their application is accurate and up to date at the time of application.
Volume Management strategies may be used.
Candidates will be required to pay for their own travel (including travel for assessment purposes), and may be required to pay for their own relocation expenses.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Public Service Human Resources, K & G Divisions
- Date modified: