Material Identification Officer
Selection process number: 22-DFO-ACCG-EA-CCG-561951
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Intent of the process
The intent is to staff this position on an indeterminate basis in Dartmouth, NS. A pool of qualified candidates will be created and may be used to staff similar positions on a temporary or permanent basis in Dartmouth, NS and St. John’s, NL.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
A response to a text question addressing the following:
- Do you have valid Second Language Evaluation (SLE) Results?
- Where you are interested in working?
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
• A secondary school diploma (High School) or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Second Language Writing Skills Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your writing skills in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills
In order to be considered, your job application must demonstrate that you hold significant experience**, gained within the last ten (10) years, with a minimum of three (3) of the following essential qualifications:
• Contributing to the development of supply chain processes, standards, strategies or guidelines;
• Coordinating supply chain activities or providing logistics support;
• Managing inventory levels and data accuracy, or investigating identified materiel discrepancies for a warehouse;
• Working in warehouse operations or with warehouse data to monitor inventory levels;
• Conducting data analysis using data analytic tools (such as but not limited to: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access or a Business Intelligence tool);
• Using enterprise asset management software, such as DRMIS, Maximo, SAP, or MAINTelligence;
• Gathering information from various sources for the purpose of research or data verification / validation;
• Providing advice, guidance or recommendations to clients, supervisors or managers.
** Defined as the depth and breadth of experience normally associated with performance of duties for a minimum period of six (6) months.
• Analytical Skills
• Client Service Orientation
• Ability to communicate orally effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Ability to research.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
• Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field related to the duties of the position (e.g. materiel management, logistics, supply chain management).
Conditions of employment
Reliability or Secret Status Security Clearance (Depending on the position being staffed).
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups when you apply.
Please contact us if you require additional information or clarification on application requirements. You can find information and guidance on preparing an effective application at the below link:
Applications will only be accepted on-line - click the “Apply Now” button to prepare and submit your application.
Applicants are entitled to participate in the official language of their choice; please indicate your preferred official language in your application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Fisheries and Oceans Canada is committed to accommodating the needs of persons with disabilities. We therefore encourage persons with disabilities to identify any accommodation needed. Fisheries and Oceans Canada has an Accommodation Policy and will accommodate up to the point of undue hardship for the duration of the selection process, and upon any offer of employment, for the performance of duties in the position.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Stephen Wheeler, Superintendent, Technical Management|
- Date modified: