*EXTENDED* Administration Professionals - The roots of AAFC! Apply in minutes!
Selection process number: 22-AGR-NCR-EA-CMB-015503
Update: This opportunity has been extended until December 5, 2022!
At Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) we recognize that your time is valuable, therefore we will not be asking you to elaborate on your qualifications in your initial application. This means you can apply in minutes!
We strive to maintain a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population we serve. In our efforts to increase this representation, we have targeted this staffing process to persons living with disabilities. To be considered for job opportunities where belonging to an Employment Equity (EE) group is a condition for eligibility, or a screening or selection criterion is specifically targeting EE groups: you must be a member of an EE group, complete the EE questionnaire and select Collection Purpose 1.
If you have a disability and choose to self-declare, you’ll be taking a step towards:
- Leading the way to change
- Making a difference by sharing your unique talents, perspectives and ideas
- Helping more people with disabilities bring their skills to Canada’s public service
- Helping create a diverse and inclusive public service that is truly representative of Canada
AAFC is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. To that end, we strongly encourage you to advise us if you require any accommodations, whether at this stage of the process or later. AAFC will be using a cloud-based recruitment platform, VidCruiter, for assessments related to this process. VidCruiter is an accessible platform that is compatible with screen readers and has closed captioning capabilities. If you require an accommodation at any time during the application or evaluation process, please contact the Collaborative Staffing team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This process will be used to staff various positions across AAFC, opportunities may include roles such as Administrative Coordinators, Administrative Officers and Analysts, Business and Planning Officers/Analysts and Administrative Team Leaders.
Responsibilities could include one or more of the following activities:
• Operational planning and reporting.
• Preparing, proofreading, and editing various types of written material.
• Interacting with clients, partners, and other agencies
• Drafting written material including briefing notes, reports, or presentations
• Screening and responding to queries received (in–person, by telephone or electronically), researching and providing information requested.
• Providing a range of administrative support services in the office of a senior manager, such as schedule management, coordinating phone calls, speaking with clients, booking travel, budget management, collecting/coordinating/disseminating information and/or other tasks.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s best diversity employers based on its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs. AAFC welcomes diverse applicants and strives to foster a supportive, respectful, fair, and inclusive work environment where everyone's contributions and individual differences are acknowledged and appreciated.
What we have to have offer:
• An engaging work environment with a focus on your well-being.
• Learning and developmental opportunities to maximize your personal and career growth.
• Flexible work arrangements and appropriate accommodations, allowing you to continually thrive within our organization
• Competitive salaries and paid leave for family and health, comprehensive benefits, and an attractive pension plan
Intent of the process
This selection process will be used to fill immediate and future vacancies. Full-time permanent and temporary positions may be staffed using this process.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual - Imperative
(BBB/BBB, CBC/CBC, CCC/CCC)
Second Language Writing Skills Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your writing skills in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills
A secondary school (high school) diploma or relevant training or experience in an administrative field
The following experience, competencies and ability are essential qualifications and are required for all positions.
• Experience using word processing, email, spreadsheets, databases, web applications and/or publishing software.
• Ability to plan, organize, and set priorities with urgent demands and tight deadlines
• Demonstrating integrity and respect
• Working effectively with others
• Thinking things through
• Showing Initiative and being action-oriented
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
The following qualifications are not required for all positions, but may help us select candidates for specific needs. You will be asked to provide information on whether you meet these qualifications at a later date.
• Experience working on projects, including planning and coordinating project deliverables, either as a lead or contributing member.
• Experience providing a range of administrative support services in the office of a senior manager, such as schedule management, coordinating phone calls, speaking with clients, booking travel, budget management, collecting/coordinating/disseminating information and/or other tasks.
• Experience summarizing complex information into simpler forms, such as reports, communication material, emails, etc.
• Experience designing course materials for diverse users
Selection will be limited to members of the following Employment Equity group: Persons with Disabilities.
Conditions of employment
In order to be appointed, Reliability Status security clearance OR Secret security clearance will be required, depending on the job you are being hired for. You will be expected to maintain this clearance throughout the duration of your employment.
Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Recruitment and Collaborative Staffing|
- Date modified: