Various Administrative Positions at Transport Canada (Inventory)
Selection process number: 21-MOT-EA-HRS-23845
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
HOW DOES AN INVENTORY WORK?
An inventory is a selection process that is available to be used by various hiring managers to fill current and future needs at Transport Canada, Quebec Region. Candidates are randomly selected and referred by the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS) based on numerous factors, such as candidates' responses to the screening questions, the work location or other criteria of the position being staffed. You only need to apply once to be considered for multiple job opportunities!
***VERY IMPORTANT NOTES: It is the responsibility of the candidate to clearly outline that they meet each of the screening criteria (i.e. Education and Experience Qualifications, both Essential and Assets) in the screening questions. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that the requirement is met or to provide a listing of current responsibilities, rather the candidate must provide concrete, detailed examples that illustrate how and when they have met the requirement. Failure to do so could result in the application being rejected from the process.
Please note that the ability to communicate effectively in writing will be assessed within your application by answering a previously identified question.
TRANSPORT CANADA: A SMART CAREER MOVE!
Apply today for an opportunity to join Transport Canada. We are looking for dynamic candidates that will help shape and build the Transport Canada of tomorrow. The persons selected will have the opportunity to increase their experience and expertise. We look forward to hearing from you!
Transport Canada employs nearly 5,000 talented and motivated employees working in the Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario, Prairie and Northern, Pacific regions, and at our Ottawa Headquarters. We develop policies and enforces Acts and regulations that support transportation efficiency, safety, security, environmental responsibility, and align with global standards. Our vision is of a safe, secure, green, innovative and integrated transportation system that supports trade and economic growth, a cleaner environment and the well-being of Canada’s middle class. Our transportation agenda thrives to adopt new ways of thinking about how we deliver services and oversee the transportation system.
Get on-board, as we prepare to launch many exciting initiatives that will help shape the future of transportation in Canada such as: Oceans Protection Plan and Transportation 2030 (http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/menu.htm)
Transport Canada is also on the Forbes 2020 list of Canada’s best employers!
Intent of the process
The intent of the process is to staff present and future positions on a permanent or temporary basis within Transport Canada, Quebec Region. Please note that the selection process could be used to staff positions with various linguistic profiles, various tenures, various security requirements and various conditions of employment or operational requirements.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
A secondary school diploma OR an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
EXPERIENCE (both CR-04 and AS-01 positions)
• Experience answering general inquiries and information requests from internal and/or external clients in person or by telephone or in writing.
• Experience using spreadsheet, word processing and email software.
EXPERIENCE (CR-04 positions only)
• Experience providing administrative support services to a team or manager, such as organizing meetings and preparing documents for those meetings, managing emails and replies, maintaining filing and bring-forward systems.
EXPERIENCE (AS-01 positions only)
• Recent and significant * experience providing administrative support services to a team or manager, such as organizing meetings and preparing documents for those meetings, managing emails and replies, maintaining filing and bring-forward systems.
* Recent and significant experience is defined as experience associated with having performed a broad range of related activities which could normally be acquired over a period of approximately two (2) years or more within the five (5) last years.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION
Diploma of collegial studies (DCS) or Attestation of collegial studies (ACS) or Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) in the field of administration or office automation/technology.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE
• Experience in business travel support services such as making travel arrangements, preparing itineraries, and processing travel claims.
• Experience analyzing and maintaining financial data OR in the preparation of reports on financial activities.
• Experience in the treatment of human resources data.
• Experience coordinating Access to Information and Privacy requests.
• Experience in using the following financial applications: Oracle or Business Objects (BO).
• Experience in the preparation of standing offers and/or contracts, within the Federal Government.
• Experience using a database and/or software applications for report creation.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB or French Essential, depending on the position to be staffed
• Demonstrating integrity and respect
• Thinking Things Through
• Working effectively with others
• Showing initiative and being action-oriented
• Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Some positions may require the willingness to work overtime occasionally and on short notice, to work weekends and/or to travel.
Conditions of employment
Security clearance: Reliability or secret, depending on the position to be staffed.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
• Transport Canada will accept applications on-line only.
• Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent to applicants.
• The inventory will be updated every 90 days. You will receive a notice in your applicant account 14 days before the end of your active period to confirm whether or not you wish to keep being considered for an additional 90 days.If your application becomes inactive while the process is still open, a notice will be posted to your account indicating that your application has expired; you may select the link Update my Inventory Status to reaffirm your interest.
• If you are an employee of the public service, please identify clearly your substantive group and level and your employment status on your resume and/or application form.
• Please ensure that your email address is on your application for correspondence. Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email.)
• Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position. A candidate may be appointed to the position even though he/she does not meet any or all of the asset qualifications or organizational needs. However, asset qualifications may be used in the screening process. Therefore, candidates must clearly demonstrate in their application which of the asset criteria for education and experience they possess.
• Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Candidates who were educated outside of Canada, must have the certificates and/or diplomas assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable candidates to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job in the public service. The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) assists persons who wish to obtain an assessment of their educational, professional, and occupational credentials by referring them to the appropriate organizations The CICIC can be contacted through its website at: http://www.cicdi.ca.
• All job applications must be submitted through the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS). Following are some of the benefits associated with applying on-line:
- applicants can create a profile and a resume that can be used when applying for other processes without having to recreate a new application each time;
- applicants can verify the status of their applications, at any time;
- for some jobs, applicants will find important information, namely the job questionnaire and a complete statement of merit criteria that are only available when applying on-line.
• Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying online are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Laurence Létourneau, Human Resources Advisor|
- Date modified: