Design Manager (Architect) Inventory
Selection process number: 2022-SVC-WST-EA-559855
For this inventory, random pulls of applications may be completed before the closing date. These pulls may be assessed as positions become vacant.
The inventory will be updated every 180 days. You will receive a notice in your applicant account 30 days before the end of your active period to determine whether or not you wish to keep being considered for an additional 180 days.
Giving you the best chance to succeed!
At Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) we are committed to running inclusive and barrier-free recruitment processes.
If you have a limitation that may impact your performance at any steps of the assessment process (such as during a written test or an interview), you may request an accommodation. Assessment accommodations are designed to remove barriers, and to ensure that candidates with limitations can fully demonstrate their abilities. Should you wish to be accommodated, please direct your inquiry to the contact identified at the bottom of this poster. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
For more information on assessment accommodation visit the following website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/services/assessment-accommodation-page.html
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗣𝗦𝗣𝗖!
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) helps the Government of Canada serve Canadians. With a strong focus on quality customer service, we provide innovative common services such as real estate and building management, purchasing, banking, pay and pensions, and translation to other government departments, agencies, and boards. By providing these centralized services to departments and agencies, we enable them to focus on what they do best: providing their programs and services to Canadians.
At PSPC, our approach to inclusion is simple: we are committed to achieving a competent and representative workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population we serve, and strive to create a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive environment that enables collaboration and innovation. When you succeed, we all succeed.
Intent of the process
A pool of qualified candidates will be established and will be used to staff identical or similar term, and/or permanent positions.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Education and Certification:
-Graduation with a degree in architecture from a recognized post-secondary institution and Certification as a Professional Architect in Canada.
- Recent and Significant experience* in the provision of a full range of architectural services in executing Real Property ** projects with various degrees of complexity and magnitude including: design and tender documents; design review and guidance; and resolution of technical problems.
- Recent and Significant experience* in leading, coordinating and reviewing works prepared by other professionals for quality assurance, compliance with standards, meeting project cost, adherence to schedule and confirmation of scope.
- Experience in leading, coordinating, developing and preparing consultant request for proposal documents or in responding to request for proposal.
*Recent and significant experience is defined as having provided architectural services for real property projects of varying degrees of complexity and type for a minimum of five years within the last 10 years including at least three years of Canadian experience.
**Real Property projects are defined as new construction or renovations (e.g. interior fit-up) for buildings, structures, improvements, and other utilities on, above, or below the surface of the land.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- LEED Professional Accreditation.
- Experience in building partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Experience in the use and application of the National Master Specifications (NMS) system of specifications and /or Master Format latest version.
- Experience in investigation, assessment and rehabilitation for major projects related to architecture such as building envelope design, office building renovations, Laboratories and/or Greenhouse design, Medium-high security design, Sustainability and Greening design, construction and commissioning.
- Experience in Energy Efficient Design, studies or assessment of facilities, monitoring or analysis of energy data and renewable energy project design and development.
- Experience in Interior Design and Furniture Specification and Layout.
- Design and construction experience in construction in northern Canada.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of architecture.
- Knowledge of architectural design and construction performed in concert with associated professionals and disciplines such as civil, mechanical, electrical engineering and/or other specialist consultants.
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial codes, standards and technology related to architectural design for a wide range of projects.
- Values and Ethics – serving through integrity and respect
- Thinking things through – innovating through analysis and ideas
- Engagement – working effectively with people, organizations, partners
- Excellence through results – delivering through own work, relationships and responsibilities
- Client Service Level 1
Please review the PSPC Client Service Competency for more information.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
All job applications must be submitted through the Public Service Resourcing System.
Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Your application may be used to assess your ability to communicate effectively in writing.
Please note that in addition to all assessment methods, correspondence and communication in relation to this selection process may also be used to assess certain qualifications.
You must provide proof of your education credentials. If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas assessed against Canadian education standards. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at https://www.cicic.ca/.
An exam will be conducted.
Interviews will be conducted.
Reference checks may be conducted.
Essential qualifications and asset qualifications will be evaluated against depth and breadth of activities.
Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position.
The application of the Asset Qualifications, random selection and/or top-down selection may be used at any stage of the selection process. Please note that achieving a pass mark on any of the assessments used does not mean you will move forward in the selection process. Management may decide to use a cut-off mark that is higher than the pass mark on any evaluation used throughout the process.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Sharon Lang, Human Resources Advisor|
- Date modified: