Water and Wastewater / Trades Supervisor
Selection process number: 2022-CAP-PANP-EA-IND-018
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
We will only accept on-line applications received via the jobs.gc.ca site.
No cover letter required – Respond to questions in the on-line application.
*NOTE: When submitting your application to this selection process, you will be required to answer screening questions to demonstrate how you meet the Essential Experience, Education and Occupational Certification Qualifications.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the Experience, Education and Occupational Certification factors when responding to the questions in the on-line application. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples with significant details to explain WHEN, WHERE and HOW you meet each factor. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described when responding to the questions in the on-line application.
Failure to clearly demonstrate how you meet the Experience, Education and Occupational Certification factors when responding to the questions in the on-line application, may result in the rejection of your application.
Candidates who are missing information or submit incomplete information will be screened out. Candidates will not be solicited for incomplete or missing information.
Plans, supervises, oversees water/wastewater operations and technical services for the safe and reliable operation of water/wastewater treatment and distribution/collection facilities.
Coordinates the delivery of technical asset maintenance services and multiple capital re-capitalization projects at the park level.
Leads multi-disciplinary work teams, manages contracts and budgets.
Parks Canada is a federal government agency responsible for the protection and presentation of Canada’s outstanding natural and cultural resources through a system of national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites in all regions of Canada.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to fill an anticipatory indeterminate full-time position.
A pool of qualified candidates may be established through this process to staff identical or similar positions within Prince Albert National Park, whose tenure could vary depending on the position being staffed (i.e. determinate period or indeterminate) and whose language requirements, linguistic profiles and security requirements could also vary.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
EDUCATION: Successful completion of post-secondary school education relevant to the position or Public Service Commission approved alternatives, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
• Recent experience in managing the implementation of medium-sized projects including managing contracts, monitoring, reporting and performance evaluation;
• Recent experience in operation of a Class 2 or Class 3 water treatment plant, including sampling, analysis and system adjustment;
• Experience in managing human and financial resources.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
• Level 3 certification for water treatment and distribution. Proof of education/certification will be required at the time of the interview.
• Knowledge of principles, theories, techniques and practices associated with asset management and maintenance;
• Knowledge of current safety codes, statutes, regulations and procedures related to water and wastewater treatment.
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems;
• Ability to organize resources (time, financial, human and information) to achieve planned goals;
• Ability to write technical documents, statements of work and request for proposals.
• Personally connects with people (team player);
• Exercises sound judgment;
• Makes things happen;
• Strives for excellence.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
The following qualifications may be applied and/or assessed because they are beneficial in carrying out the duties of the position. They may be used in screening, assessment or determining right fit for this selection process, so please describe how you meet any of the following criteria:
• Preference may be given to a candidate that has a trade ticket. (plumbing, carpentry, electrical)
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - Obtain and maintain Reliability Status Clearance.
• Obtain and maintain valid class 5 driver’s license or equivalent.
• A Parks Canada Agency uniform, as prescribed for the position, must be worn at all times while performing the duties of the position unless otherwise specifically directed by the Superintendent.
• Must be prepared to work weekends, shift work, overtime and statutory holidays as scheduled.
• Must wear safety equipment as identified by Supervisor.
• Parks Canada prohibits smoking in the workplace.
• Must be willing to work and/or travel in varied terrains, weather conditions, and isolated locations.
• May be required to undergo and pass pre-placement and periodic medical checks.
• Perform physical tasks as per the job requirements.
• Must be willing to complete any training that pertains to the job.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Tips for Applicants:
• Please provide complete and thorough details of your Experience, Education and Occupational Certification.
• Do not assume that the screening board has any previous knowledge of your background, qualifications, or work history. You must be specific and provide concrete examples/details for each Experience element, as applications will be screened only on the information provided.
• Please submit your completed application, including all of the above-mentioned documentation. Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
The Parks Canada Agency is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. The Parks Canada Agency operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Persons who have a priority entitlement as defined by the Parks Canada Agency Priority Policy and Guidelines will be considered first.
Persons who are in receipt of a Canadian Government Public Service pension and are considering this employment opportunity with the Parks Canada Agency, should contact the PWGSC Public Service Pension Centre (1-800-561-7930) in order to determine the impact of an appointment on their pension benefit entitlements.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Christine Hamilton, Asset Manager II
- Date modified: