Various positions in Whitehorse
Selection process number: 2022-PPD-EA-YK-135640
Set yourself up for success! As the objective of this process is to assess qualifications needed for the position(s) to be staffed, let us know if you have a functional limitation or disability, which may affect your participation. For example, you may contact us if you need assistance in completing and submitting your application. Should you proceed to a future assessment stage, such as an exam or interview, we will send you an e-mail with additional information and you can determine if you may require an accommodation at that time (such as a different test format, an adaptive technology, or additional time). Assessment accommodations are designed to remove the obstacles without altering the criteria being assessed so that candidates with functional limitations can fully demonstrate their abilities.
If you require an accommodation during any phase of this assessment process, please use the Contact information below to request accommodation. All information received in relation to your accommodation will be kept confidential and your right to privacy will be protected.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment. The selection board may consider local applicants who are residing in Whitehorse ahead of others.
The Yukon Regional Office is responsible for prosecutions throughout Yukon Territory. The regional headquarters is located in Whitehorse. The region’s areas of prosecution focus are Criminal Code prosecutions, prosecutions under the CDSA, and regulatory prosecutions.
Whitehorse is Yukon’s capital and a major northern hub. It enjoys facilities, services and businesses far beyond the expectation of a city of 30,000. It's a big little city surrounded by wilderness with the amenities of a much larger destination paired with the friendly demeanour of a close-knit community.
For more information on life in the Yukon please visit:
Additional benefits of working in the Yukon Regional Office :
1) In addition to your base salary, you will receive an Isolated Post Allowance (Northern Allowance) annually.
2) In addition to your base salary and your Isolated Post Allowance, you will also receive a Vacation Travel Assistance (VTA) once a year that will support you to travel on vacation outside of the territory. The amount allocated varies.
3) Room for growth in our organization.
4) Training opportunities.
5) Relocation assistance.
Intent of the process
This inventory may be used to staff various administrative and clerical roles, including the following:
Records Clerk (CR-04): Records Clerks are responsible for the file management of legal files for court proceedings. They are also responsible of the organization of files in the registry room, and the closing and archiving of concluded files.
Receptionist (CR-04): The Receptionist is the first point of contact with the public. They assist clients with their inquiries by phone, email, and face-to-face interaction. They are also responsible for distributing correspondence, including mail and fax.
Travel Coordinator (CR-05): The Travel Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and booking all court related travel for the Yukon Regional Office. They prepare travel claims for submission and are the point of contact for any travel disruptions.
Administrative Clerk (CR-05): Administrative Clerks are responsible for opening files for court proceedings. They are also responsible for pulling, locating, and preparing files for court; as well as liaising with various stakeholders for information.
Legal Assistant (CR-05): Legal Assistants provide support to PPSC Prosecutors by organizing and distributing disclosure, requesting documents from the court and organizing prosecution files. Legal Assistants also help prepare files for trial and sentencing, review court dockets to pull files for court and input case status into the PPSC database.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Successful completion of a secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Experience working in a Northern environment.
- Experience working in a legal environment.
- Experience maintaining a tracking or follow-up system.
- Experience in preparing financial documents.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, particularly in Indigenous communities.
- The organization is committed to establishing and maintaining a representative workforce. Qualified applicants who self-declare as members of a visible minority group, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and/or women may be selected for appointment to fulfill organizational needs.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Thinking things through (reasoning and judgement)
- Working effectively with others
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Communication (written and oral)
- Attention to detail
Conditions of employment
Conditions of Employment:
- Security clearance: Reliability, Enhanced Reliability, or Secret
- Medical clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Stacey LaCroix-Sauvé, Human Resources Advisor||Lucía Guidi-Mazzola, Human Resources Assistant|
- Date modified: