Cashier - Inventory
Selection process number: 2020-PKS-JNP-ER-002
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
As part of our fun and dynamic team, you will actively greet guests and assist in the day-to-day cleaning and minor maintenance of the facilities. Ultimately our goal is to provide a safe aquatic environment and a Quality Visitor Experience for guests of the Park. Miette Hot Springs is a fast paced, challenging and engaging work environment. If you enjoy working outdoors, and feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities would be a good fit we would like to hear about it.
This position provides cashier services and revenue control for the use of the pool and other facilities; provides information and assistance to visitors and maintains facilities.
Parks Canada is a federal government agency responsible for the protection and presentation of Canada’s outstanding natural and cultural resources through a system of national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites in all regions of Canada.
Miette Hot Springs are remotely located in the heart of Jasper National Park, approximately 60 km east of the Jasper town site, 50 km west of Hinton and 336 km west of Edmonton.
Shared staff accommodations at Miette may be available, but cannot be guaranteed.
Intent of the process
This process will be used to staff positions at Miette Hot Springs in Jasper National Park for a variety of season lengths and tenures (temporary/indeterminate, full-time/part-time/as & when required). Interviews will be done on an on-going basis.
A list of qualified candidates will be established, and may be used to fill similar positions of various tenures (temporary/indeterminate, full-time/part-time/as & when required) in other work locations.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Secondary school diploma or Public Service Commission approved alternative.
• Current Standard First Aid.
*** Copies of current certifications (awards) must be submitted by email to email@example.com
• Experience with point-of-sale equipment operation, cash handling and balancing daily sales;
• Experience providing information and service to the public;
• Experience working in a team environment.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
ADDITIONAL OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
• Possession of a valid driver’s licence.
• Previous experience working in a swimming pool and/or recreation facility;
• Previous experience in janitorial cleaning.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Positions being staffed are English essential or Bilingual imperative (--B/--B)
• Ability to provide a quality visitor experience;
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making;
• Ability to follow established practices and procedures as well as to adapt them to changing circumstances and conditions.
• Personally connects with others (team work);
• Exercises sound judgment;
• Takes initiative;
• Demonstrates integrity.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE :
• Health and Safety practices;
• Canadian Rockies Hot Springs facilities and surrounding areas.
• Wear a uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
• Work a variable shift schedule (posted weekly in accordance with Parks Canada Agency collective agreement) including: evening & weekend shifts, holidays and overtime in various weather conditions;
• Perform a variety of work tasks including; cleaning, snow removal, cash handling, pool and ground maintenance;
• Assist Lifeguards perform major first aid and water rescues under reasonable physical stresses.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - All employees of the Federal Government are required to meet Reliability Status; details of the screening process and applications will be provided at the time of interviews
Maintenance of Occupational certifications.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
For tips to navigate the application process step by step, refer to the following site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GW7P3g9hhI.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their application.
Please submit your completed application, including all of the above-mentioned documentation. Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
The Parks Canada Agency is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. The Parks Canada Agency operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Tips for applicants:
• Please provide complete and thorough details of your education and experience.
• Do not assume that the screening board has any previous knowledge of your background, qualifications, or work history. You must be specific and provide concrete examples/details for each Experience element, as applications will be screened only on the information provided.
• Failure to provide sufficient information may result in your application being screened out of the competition.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
Travel cost for individuals who are not Federal Public Servants will not be covered.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Cameron Mitchell - Canadian Rockies Hot Springs - Miette|
- Date modified: