Administrative Support Services Clerk - Anticipatory
Selection process number: 21-RCM-EA-K-SAD-SCRIMES-103545
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
On October 6, 2021, the Government of Canada announced details of its plans to require vaccination across the federal public service.
As per the new Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Core Public Administration Including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, federal public servants in the Core Public Administration and members of the RCMP must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate (permanent), determinate (term), casual, and student hiring. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete an attestation.
Social distancing approaches will be taken to minimize close contact with others during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Candidates will be required to pay for their own travel (including travel for assessment purposes), and may be required to pay for their own relocation expenses.
When answering questions, it is insufficient to state only that the requirement is met or to provide a listing of current responsibilities. Candidates must provide concrete examples demonstrating how they meet the requirements. FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT AND APPROPRIATE INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN YOUR ELIMINATION FROM THE PROCESS.
Intent of the process
This is an anticipatory staffing process. A qualified pool of candidates will be established and used to staff this position and may be used to staff similar positions with various tenures (i.e. permanent or temporary).
Should a Civilian Member (CM) be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to the Public Service (PS) category for the CM. Information regarding the CM appointment will be sent to all applicable candidates who are within the area of selection and participated in the advertised process.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Successful completion of two years secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience*
* Proof of education will be required prior to appointment
- Experience in providing records management services such as indexing, cross-referencing, filing, retrieving, retaining, archiving or destroying data.
- Experience providing service to internal or external clients / general public, via telephone or in person.
– Experience in using spreadsheets, word processing, and databases.
- Experience providing administrative support services*
*Administrative support services can include planning and/or coordinating meetings, preparing and/or coordinating incoming, and/or outgoing correspondence, preparing documents such as letters, memoranda, briefing notes and/or reports.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Experience providing financial support services (services may include, but are not limited to, verifying and correcting financial claims, controlling and monitoring petty cash, preparing financial status reports, etc.)
- Experience in maintaining a law enforcement database such as: Police Reporting Occurrence System (PROS) or Canadian Police Information (CPIC)
- Experience transcribing statements from audio cassettes or digital media.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Being Organized
- Being Action-Oriented
- Attention to Detail
- Working effectively with others
- Thinking things through
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
– Willingness and ability to work in a busy police environment, including exposure to unsettling and/or graphic material.
– Willingness and ability to work overtime as required
– Willingness and ability to travel for work and/or training purposes using various modes of transportation (including owned or leased government transport).
– Willingness and ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Conditions of employment
RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status (ERS) security clearance.
All employees of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Your responses to the screening questions will be used as the primary source in determining whether you meet the screening requirements. If you do not fully complete the screening questions as instructed, you may be screened out.
Volume Management strategies may be used.
Candidates may be assessed using one or more of the following tools: standardized tests, written exam, interview, simulation exercise and reference checks.
All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence and telephone conversations, may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Public Service Human Resources, "K" & "G" Divisions|
- Date modified: