Selection process number: 22-CGC-HQ-EA-GRL-3307
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Apply today! We will be reviewing applications at the end of July to fill one immediate vacancy. Applicants who apply after July 31, 2022, will be considered for future vacancies.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Completion of all requirements for a degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position OR an acceptable combination of education and training with recent* and extensive experience in a field related to the position.**
*Recent is defined as experience obtained within the last two years; extensive may be defined as the depth and breadth of experience normally associated with having worked continuously in a laboratory for 1 year.
**Chemistry, biochemistry, cell/molecular biology, microbiology, plant pathology, food science or other specialization in a field relevant to the duties of the position.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS (one or more of the following qualifications may be deemed essential, depending on the position being staffed)
Graduation with a post-graduate degree (e.g. M.Sc.) from a recognized post-secondary institution with a specialization in chemistry OR biochemistry OR cell/molecular biology, microbiology, OR plant pathology OR food science OR related sciences.
- Experience in processing, preparing, and analyzing samples in a laboratory for chemical, microbiological, biochemical, or biomolecular analysis.
- Experience with quantitative analytical and instrumental techniques.
- Experience in grain quality/functionality analysis (Wheat/Flour/Dough OR Barley OR Pulses OR Oilseeds)
- Experience in calibrating and troubleshooting modern laboratory instruments / equipment.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of the theories and principles of chemistry OR biochemistry OR molecular biology OR microbiology OR food/grain/nutritional sciences.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices.
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Being a Team Player
- Analytical thinking
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to record, organize and interpret data and other information using appropriate computer software.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - or Secret clearance.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Work overtime as required.
- Work with and be exposed to hazardous chemicals and equipment.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing and/or equipment.
- Maintain standing and/or sitting positions for extended periods.
- Work in an environment where there is continual exposure to grain and flour dust (known allergies must be controlled through the use of personal protective equipment and/or medication, and must not impinge upon the work to be performed).
- Move and/or lift items (up to 20 kg.).
- Adhere to laboratory safety standards and procedures.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|CGC Staffing Team|
- Date modified: