Selection process number: 2022-CAP-MRG-EA-036B
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Persons who are unable to apply on-line must contact the person listed below prior to the closing date.
Provision of plumbing, gas fitting and related mechanical services for systems in operational facilities in Rogers Pass, BC, as well as campground and day-use areas throughout Mt. Revelstoke & Glacier National Parks.
Experience what it’s like to live and work with two national parks on your doorstep. Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks are known for their vibrant wildflower displays in the summer and abundance of snow during the winter, perfect for enjoying some time on the slopes!
Here at Mount Revelstoke and Glacier, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diverse teams bring different perspectives and creative ideas that benefit visitors, the communities we serve and all of us as colleagues.
Become a part of our dynamic team today!
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to fill a year-round, indeterminate position; however, the results of this process may be used to establish a list of qualified candidates that may be used to staff similar types of positions in various locations, with full or part-time hours for various tenures, such as: Indeterminate, Term, Acting Assignment or Assignment at level, depending on status of the selected candidate.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent; or an acceptable combination of education training and experience.
Red Seal Plumber Certification or provincial journeyman certificate in plumbing
Gasfitter – Class B certificate
Preference may be given to candidates possessing a Red Seal.
• Experience in the plumbing trade, which includes plumbing, utilities and heating systems;
• Experience researching and implementing current codes, statues and regulations related to plumbing, gas and utilities services;
• Experience with heating systems and their components.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
• Knowledge of current methods and practices related to plumbing, propane gas and utilities services;
• Knowledge of workplace health and safety best practices
• Knowledge of water / waste water systems.
• Ability to maintain work records;
• Ability to review and interpret conceptual/ building/ construction plans (e.g. blue prints and other construction documents);
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently and assess and adjust priorities.
Personal Suitabilities :
• Takes responsibility;
• Personally connects with people;
• Team player;
• Exercises sound judgement.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Additional Occupational Certification:
Certification in Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, or Water Distribution
• Experience in the operation of both water and wastewater treatment systems
• Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform and prescribed protective equipment;
• Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required;
• Willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation;
• Willingness to report to work at Rogers Pass, BC.
Conditions of employment
• Maintenance of a valid unrestricted Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent) ;
• Maintenance of a Red Seal Plumber Certification and minimum Gasfitter – Class B certification.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
For tips to navigate the application process step by step, refer to the following site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GW7P3g9hhI.
Tips for applicants:
• When answering application questions, be thorough and provide concrete examples. “See resume” is not considered an acceptable answer. Do not assume that the screening board has any previous knowledge of your background, qualifications, or work history.
• Failure to provide sufficient information may result in your application being screened out of the competition.
• You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be considered for the position.
• Other qualifications listed as additional or asset are not mandatory to apply. However, these may be considered throughout the assessment process.
The Parks Canada Agency is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. The Parks Canada Agency operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
Travel cost for individuals who are not Federal Public Servants will not be covered.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Human Resources - Mount Revelstoke & Glacier National Parks|
- Date modified: