Selection process number: 22-23-SIF-EA-8720
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
OSFI believes in offering employees flexibility and in creating a workplace that is productive, engaging, collaborative, and inclusive, all the while being supportive of employees’ wellbeing. As such, OSFI is experimenting with a hybrid work model (a combination of telework and onsite work) that will shape how we use our physical workplace to establish new norms, ways of collaborating, and working together and will adjust its model based on lessons learned.
POSITION LOCATION / WORK ARRANGEMENT:
These positions are located in Ottawa; however, the successful candidate may work from one of the OSFI offices across Canada – Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver - as agreed with their manager.
OSFI’s hybrid model promotes a workplace in which, on any given day, there is a mixture of employees teleworking from alternative places within Canada, working onsite at their designated position location or from another OSFI office. We encourage candidates who want to work in one of OSFI’s offices to apply.
OSFI is committed to achieving a representative workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We are dedicated to building and promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, representative of all Canadians regardless of race, ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socio-economic background or lived experience. By embracing diversity and inclusion, our department ensures broader discussions, better decisions, and a more positive workplace.
We invite you to be part of the change by joining an organization where individual differences are recognized, valued and respected. We welcome all candidates to apply and strongly encourage candidates to self-declare if they belong to an Employment Equity designated group: Aboriginal* Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, Women or Visible Minorities (Black people and other racialized groups).
*The term “Aboriginal” is used within this job advertisement as it relates to the Employment Equity Act and other legislative frameworks. The term “Indigenous” is used where possible, in alignment with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Achieving a representative and diverse workforce has been identified as an organizational need for OSFI and may be applied at any time during this appointment process. If this criterion is used, only those who have indicated that they are members of the specified designated group(s) will be considered. As such, first consideration for an appointment may be given to candidates who self-declare as belonging to one or more of the four designated employment equity groups (Persons with a disability, Aboriginal people, Members of a Visible Minority, or Women).
In order to self-declare, please ensure to check off the appropriate box within the online application under the Employment Equity section. We encourage you to consult theses links to learn more about employment equity and self-declaration:
As a developer on the Application Services team, you will work with a dedicated cross functional team and will be responsible for a variety of tasks that involve:
- Engaging with the client and participating in key Agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, grooming and planning sessions.
- Working with the Product owner to gather domain information and decisions related to prioritization and requirements.
- Leading in solution delivery using various Microsoft development tools
- Developing solutions to satisfy business requirements
- Troubleshooting applications supporting business operations in a production setting
The Application Services (AS) team delivers and supports OSFI’s application and technology solutions following an Agile methodology. AS is responsible to identify, develop, source and integrate cost-effective solutions to meet business requirements, including commercial software products (COTS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Government of Canada shared services, and in-house developed applications as appropriate.
OSFI is an independent federal government agency that regulates and supervises more than 400 federally regulated financial institutions and 1,200 pension plans to determine whether they are in sound financial condition. In fulfilling its mandate, OSFI supports the government's objective of contributing to public confidence in the Canadian financial system.
Learn more about us 👉 https://youtu.be/QO_3vnPKuZI
Our People and Culture:
People are the foundation of our organization. You will become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone has varied experience and fosters an environment where communication and teamwork amplify our effectiveness. We have several networks dedicated to ensuring that the department continues to grow as an inclusive, accessible, respectful and diverse workplace. All employees are encouraged and welcome to join the following networks and participate in their activities and events.
• Diversity of Thought
• Family Responsibilities
• Mental Health and Accessibility
• Multiculturalism (Affinity Groups: Indigenous, Asian, Black)
• Unconscious Bias
Hear about our people 👉 https://youtu.be/diUspmpYWQI
💵 Compensation: OSFI offers a competitive salary, and employees may be eligible for in-range increases and economic adjustments. Salaries are based on qualifications, experience and knowledge. The Public Service Pension Plan is a defined benefit pension plan (indexed for inflation), where both the employer and the employee contribute.
💰 Performance Pay: OSFI employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on their performance throughout the year.
✈️ Vacation and Leave: OSFI employees start with 4 weeks of paid vacation, 2 personal days and 5 days of Family Related Leave with Pay among other various types of paid and unpaid leave.
💻 Flexible Work Arrangements: OSFI offers flexible work arrangements by providing support for compressed work week schedules, flexible work hours and teleworking, in order for employees to achieve their work objectives while achieving balance between work and homelife.
📖 Learning and Development: OSFI offers career advancement opportunities and encourages innovative thinking in its work environment. Employees may be reimbursed for relevant professional association membership fees.
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to staff three position with a language requirement of English essential on an indeterminate basis.
A pool of qualified or partially qualified candidates may be created to staff similar or identical positions with various linguistic profiles and requirements, security requirements and/or various tenures within the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), which may vary according to the position being staffed.
Positions to be filled: 3
Information you must provide
A covering letter "Candidates must provide a cover letter when submitting their application. In the cover letter, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet the education and experience criteria listed in the essential and asset qualifications. Please use those criteria as headers and write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how the qualification is met by providing concrete examples of how, where and when the experience was gained, including timelines (please indicate month and year). Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that a criterion is met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Résumés may be used as a secondary source to validate the information provided. Failure to provide the information in the requested format may result in the rejection of your application."
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Successful completion of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management, another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed OR an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Significant Experience* troubleshooting applications supporting business operations in a production setting.
- Significant Experience* developing solutions to satisfy business requirements in a team environment.
- Significant Experience* managing client requirements for IM/IT application design or development or maintenance (for example, bringing client requirements from discovery to functional software features by translating client requirements into functional, technical, or security requirements, and so on)
- Recent experience** in solution delivery using Microsoft development tools. (e.g. Visual Studio, .Net, SQL Server Management Studio, Power BI, Power Platform, MS Dynamics, SharePoint, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
* Significant experience is defined as “Experience that is normally acquired over the course of at least five (5) years actively performing the duties on a regular basis”, where “actively performing the duties on a regular basis” means that at least two days out of a five day work week would typically be spent performing the duty.
**Recent is defined as relevant experience acquired in the last two (2) years
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Application development methodology certification (for example, Certified Scrum Developer, DevOps certification)
- Microsoft technical certification (example, MCP, MCPD, MCSD, etc.)
- ITIL Certification
- Experience* playing a lead role in team delivery of software-based solutions.
- Experience* implementing business solutions in a production setting using one or more of the following Microsoft Cloud-based services: Dynamics 365, Power Automate, Power Apps, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, SharePoint Online.
- Experience* with implementing ETL design principles.
- Experience* working in a multi-developer environment using Team Foundation Server (TFS), Azure DevOps Services or a comparable source control tool.
* Experience is defined as “Experience that is normally acquired over the course of at least two (2) years actively performing the duties on a regular basis”, where “actively performing the duties on a regular basis” means that at least two days out of a five day work week would typically be spent performing the duty.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of Agile tools and techniques.
- Results Orientation
- Critical Thinking
ESSENTIAL ABILITIES :
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- OSFI is committed to having a skilled and diverse workforce representative of the Canadian population. In order to meet our employment equity objectives, selection for this position may be made from among qualified candidates who self-declare as belonging to one or more of the following Employment Equity groups: Persons with a disability, Aboriginal people, Members of a Visible Minority, or Women. OSFI is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we strongly encourage candidates to self-declare if they belong to one of these designated employment equity groups.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Canada on occasion
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when required.
Conditions of employment
Secret security clearance
- In our hybrid workplace environment, the ability to work remotely from home within Canada with access to the Internet in one’s residence is a condition of employment.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
For external processes (as indicated by the abbreviation “EA” in the selection process number), only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
OSFI is a separate agency with its own classification and compensation system. OSFI's staffing is subject to the Public Service Employment Act (PSEA).
The ability to communicate effectively in writing may be assessed using the candidate's application, as well as through the evaluation process.
Assessments (such as written exams, interviews and reference checks) may be conducted virtually through email, telephone and/or videoconference.
Candidates must meet all of the essential qualifications to be appointed; however, one or more asset criteria may be invoked at any stage of the process.
Depending on the number of applicants, volume management strategies such as random selection, top-down approach and/or establishing cut-off scores to determine who will continue in the staffing process, may be used for the purpose of managing applications. Please note that although you may attain the established pass mark on any of the assessments used in this staffing process, management may decide to use a higher cut off score.
Eligible candidates may be considered and offered a deployment or interchange before considering other applicants.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Email correspondence will be used as the main method of communication with candidates for this selection process, please ensure it accepts messages from unknown users. Please note that you need to provide valid and updated contact information.
All job applications must be submitted through the Government of Canada public service jobs website. Do not email or mail hard copy documents as these will not be accepted. To submit an application online, please click on the "apply now" button. Persons without Internet access may also review jobs open to the public through INFOTEL at 1-800-645-5605.
If you have a limitation that may impact your performance at any step of the assessment process (such as submitting the application, written test, or an interview), you may request an accommodation. Assessment accommodations are designed to remove barriers, and to ensure that candidates with limitations can fully demonstrate their abilities. Should you wish to be accommodated, please inform us by sending an e-mail to the following address: HROstaffing@osfi-bsif.gc.ca. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|OSFI Staffing Team – Ottawa|
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS, USE THE APPLY ONLINE BUTTON.
IL FAUT FAIRE PARVENIR SA CANDIDATURE EN CLIQUANT SUR LE BOUTON POSTULER EN LIGNE ET NON PAS EN ENVOYANT UN COURRIEL À L’ADRESSE COURRIEL CI-DESSUS.
- Date modified: