Electrical Engineer (EN ENG-04) - Inventory
Selection process number: 2022-SVC-WST-EA-559441
For this inventory, random pulls of applications may be completed before the closing date. These pulls may be assessed as positions become vacant.
The inventory will be updated every 180 days. You will receive a notice in your applicant account 30 days before the end of your active period to determine whether or not you wish to keep being considered for an additional 180 days.
Giving you the best chance to succeed!
At Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) we are committed to running inclusive and barrier-free recruitment processes.
If you have a limitation that may impact your performance at any steps of the assessment process (such as during a written test or an interview), you may request an accommodation. Assessment accommodations are designed to remove barriers, and to ensure that candidates with limitations can fully demonstrate their abilities. Should you wish to be accommodated, please direct your inquiry to the contact identified at the bottom of this poster. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
For more information on assessment accommodation visit the following website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/services/assessment-accommodation-page.html
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
We are One PSPC!
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) helps the Government of Canada serve Canadians. With a strong focus on quality customer service, we provide innovative common services such as real estate and building management, purchasing, banking, pay and pensions, and translation to other government departments, agencies and boards. By providing these centralized services to departments and agencies, we enable them to focus on what they do best: providing their programs and services to Canadians.
At PSPC, we are committed to achieving a competent, representative workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We work hard to create a welcoming, respectful and inclusive workplace through a variety of programs and initiatives. In fact, we have been named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the seventh year in a row and here is a list of some of our diversity and inclusion achievements:
• five diversity networks;
• a Task Force on Anti-racism, Workplace Culture and Equity;
• a national Reconciliation and Indigenous Engagement Unit;
• an Ombudsman for Mental Health (the first such position within the federal public service);
• an Accessibility Office and;
• a Gender-based Analysis Plus (GBA+) Centre of Expertise.
While many programs and initiatives have already been implemented in line with our commitments to diversity and inclusion, we aim to get better! That's why we invite you to be part of the change by joining an organization where individual differences are recognized, valued and respected. Be part of the solution!
Intent of the process
A pool of qualified candidates will be established and will be used to staff identical or similar term, and/or permanent positions.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in electrical engineering or some other engineering specialty relevant to the duties of the position.
- Registered as a professional engineer in Canada.
- Recent and Significant experience* in the provision of a full range of electrical engineering services in executing Real Property ** projects with various degrees of complexity and magnitude including: design and tender documents; design review and guidance; and resolution of technical problems.
- Recent and Significant experience* in leading, coordinating and reviewing works prepared by other professionals for quality assurance, compliance with standards, meeting project cost, adherence to schedule and confirmation of scope.
- Experience in leading, coordinating, developing and preparing consultant request for proposal documents or in responding to request for proposal.
*Recent and significant experience is defined as having provided engineering services for real property projects of varying degrees of complexity and type for a minimum of five years within the last 10 years including at least five years of Canadian experience.
**Real Property projects are defined as new construction or renovations (e.g. interior fit-up) for buildings, structures, improvements, and other utilities on, above, or below the surface of the land.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of electrical engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering design and construction performed in concert with associated professionals and disciplines such as architecture, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, and civil engineering and/or other specialist consultants.
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial codes, standards and technology related to electrical engineering design for a wide range of projects.
- Values and Ethics – serving through integrity and respect
- Thinking thing through – innovating through analysis and ideas
- Engagement –working effectively with people, organizations, partners
- Excellence through results – delivering through own work, relationships and responsibilities
- Client Service Level 1
*Please review the PSPC Client Service Competency for more information, https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/sc-cs/csc-eng.html.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- English Essential
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Experience in building partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Experience in the use and application of the National Master Specifications (NMS) system of specifications and /or Master Format latest version
- Experience in investigation, assessment and rehabilitation for major projects related to electrical engineering such as building structures, office building renovations, Laboratories and/or Greenhouse design, Medium-high security design, Sustainability and Greening design, underground infrastructures, construction and commissioning.
- Experience in Energy Efficient Design, studies/assessment of facilities, monitoring/analysis of energy data and renewable energy project design & development.
- Experience in commissioning, operation and/or maintenance of Real property facilities.
- Experience in high voltage electrical utilities and building controls design.
- LEED Professional Accreditation
In support of achieving a diverse workforce, consideration may be given to candidates who, at the time of application, self-declare* as belonging to one of the following designated Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal person, Person with a Disability, Member of visible Minority group, Woman.
* We encourage you to self-declare during the online application process by selecting the appropriate box under the Employment Equity (EE) section. Please note that you must complete this questionnaire if you wish to be considered for these opportunities. To complete the questionnaire, you must be a member of an EE group and select Collection Purpose 1 to be considered for job opportunities where belonging to an EE group is a condition for eligibility, or a screening or selection criterion specifically targeting EE groups.
To learn more about employment equity, click on the link below.
Information on employment equity
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
All job applications must be submitted through the Public Service Resourcing System.
Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Your application may be used to assess your ability to communicate effectively in writing.
Please note that in addition to all assessment methods, correspondence and communication in relation to this selection process may also be used to assess certain qualifications.
You must provide proof of your education credentials. If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas assessed against Canadian education standards. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials for further information at https://www.cicic.ca/.
An exam and interview will be conducted.
Reference checks will be conducted.
Essential qualifications and asset qualifications will be evaluated against depth and breadth of activities.
Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position.
The application of the Asset Qualifications, random selection and/or top-down selection may be used at any stage of the selection process. Please note that achieving a pass mark on any of the assessments used does not mean you will move forward in the selection process. Management may decide to use a cut-off mark that is higher than the pass mark on any evaluation used throughout the process
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Lishia Fong, Human Resources Advisor|
- Date modified: