Financial Systems Advisor - ANTICIPATORY PROCESS
Selection process number: 2021-SVC-EA-HQ-397996
Update: Please note that this selection process has been extended until August 6, 2021.
Giving you the best chance to succeed!
At Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) we are committed to running inclusive and barrier-free recruitment processes.
If you have a limitation that may impact your performance at any steps of the assessment process (such as during a written test or an interview), you may request an accommodation. Assessment accommodations are designed to remove barriers, and to ensure that candidates with limitations can fully demonstrate their abilities. Should you wish to be accommodated, please direct your inquiry to the contact identified at the bottom of this poster. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
For more information on assessment accommodation visit the following website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/services/assessment-accommodation-page.html
We are One PSPC!
At PSPC, we are committed to achieving a competent, representative workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We work hard to create a welcoming, respectful and inclusive workplace through a variety of programs and initiatives. In fact, we have been named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the fifth year in a row and here is a list of some of our diversity and inclusion achievements:
• five diversity networks with a national coordinator;
• a Task Force on Anti-racism, Workplace Culture and Equity;
• a national Reconciliation and Indigenous Engagement Unit;
• an Ombudsman for Mental Health (the first such position within the federal public service);
• an Accessibility Office and;
• a Gender-based Analysis Plus (GBA+) Centre of Expertise.
We invite you to join an organization in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected.
Come work with us!
SIGMA is Public Services and Procurement Canada’s (PSPC) in-service support team for the Government of Canada’s (GC) most comprehensive financial, procurement and real property SAP system. We invite you to join an inclusive organization focused on innovation and employee wellness that works collaboratively to achieve its vision to be a recognized GC leader and a valued partner in providing exceptional SAP services.
Our diversified team of professionals helps PSPC and its client Shared Services Canada (SSC) focus on their operational objectives by: providing service desk support and training to more than 6,000 users; identifying, designing, developing and delivering SAP solutions for our clients; providing creative and helpful business reporting solutions; and, ensuring compliance and controls for this important system.
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to S/4HANA, the next generation of SAP, as PSPC embarks on the Destination S/4HANA project with the goal of aligning its financial, procurement and real property system and processes with the GC-wide modernization effort.
As an organization, SIGMA strives to provide its employees with a supportive work environment, fulfilling work experiences, and opportunities for growth and development.
Intent of the process
A pool of partially or fully qualified candidates will be established through this process to staff identical or similar positions with various language requirements, tenures and security requirements within Public Services and Procurement Canada.
*NOTE*: On a case-by-case basis, a telework arrangement could be considered from any location in Canada.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- A degree from a recognized university with specialization* in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics AND experience related to positions in the Financial Management Group; OR
- Eligibility** for a recognized professional accounting designation. The recognized professional accounting designations are Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified General Accountant (CGA).
* "Specialization" is defined as a minimum of 30 credits within one of these areas: accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics.
** "Eligibility" means the candidate must have completed all the course requirements of the program as well as the work experience required by the association.
- Recent* and significant** experience supporting a financial and materiel management system (FMS) (ex: SAP, Oracle, FreeBalance) in at least two (2) of the following areas:
o Requirement management;
o In-service support***;
o Quality assurance; or
o System control.
- Experience in providing advice and making recommendations to clients, stakeholders or management.
- Experience in supervising, coaching staff or mentoring.
- Experience leading working groups or project teams.
* "Recent experience" is defined as experience acquired in the last five (5) years.
** "Significant experience" is defined as the breadth and depth of experience associated with completing the duties of the position for a period of at least two (2) years.
*** "In-service support" is defined as specialized FMS business operations support, including a responsive service desk, to FMS clients and end users. This excludes experience acquired in providing support as a FMS end user.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
The current positions to staff are Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB and CBC/CBC.
Second Language Writing Skills Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your writing skills in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills
- Strategic Lens;
- Results Driven;
- Client Service Competency (Level 2) – Ensure high-quality client service.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Possession of a recognized professional accounting designation in good standing. The recognized professional accounting designations are Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and Certified General Accountant (CGA).
- SAP Certification.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification.
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience supporting a SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in at least one (1) of the following areas:
o Requirement management;
o In-service support*;
o Business Intelligence;
o Quality assurance; or
o System control.
- Experience developing or presenting training or information sessions.
- Experience in conducting financial audits or assessments of internal controls or assessments of IT General Controls.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience in assessing system risks such as: privacy impact assessment, threat risk assessment, fraud risk assessment, security impact assessment or vulnerability assessment.
- Experience in the development or enhancement of financial, procurement or real property business processes.
- Significant** experience in configuration, testing, implementation and support of ERP systems (SAP) in a major system implementation project context.
* "In-service support" is defined as specialized SAP ERP business operations support, including a responsive service desk, to SAP ERP clients and end users. This excludes experience acquired in providing support as a SAP ERP end user.
** "Significant" experience is defined as the breadth and depth of experience associated with completing the duties of the position for a period of at least two (2) years.
In support of achieving a diverse workforce, consideration may be given to candidates who, at the time of application, self-declare* as belonging to one of the following designated Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal person, Person with a Disability, Member of visible Minority group, Woman.
* We encourage you to self-declare during the online application process by selecting the appropriate box under the Employment Equity (EE) section. Please note that you must complete this questionnaire if you wish to be considered for these opportunities. To complete the questionnaire, you must be a member of an EE group and select Collection Purpose 1 to be considered for job opportunities where belonging to an EE group is a condition for eligibility, or a screening or selection criterion specifically targeting EE groups.
To learn more about employment equity, click on the link below.
- Willing and able to work overtime on short time notice.
Conditions of employment
Various security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Applications for employment must be submitted ONLINE in the Public Service Resourcing System.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language(s) of their choice.
The assessment process may include a variety of tools and methods such as, but not limited to, a written exam, a scenario, an interview and/or reference checks.
In addition, all information obtained throughout the selection process, from the time of application to close of process, may be used to evaluate the candidates.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Date modified: