Selection process number: 2022-PKS-LLYK-EA-132
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
We will only accept on-line applications received via the jobs.gc.ca site.
To submit an application on-line, please select the button "Apply Online" below.
Persons who are unable to apply on-line must contact the person listed below prior to the closing date.
Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education, Occupational Certification and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications, may result in the rejection of your application.
Applications will be screened for interviews, based on the “essential” education, occupational requirement, language and experience criteria identified below. Following the interview process, successful candidates who are assessed as having met all the “essential” qualifications outlined below, will be placed in a qualified pool of candidates. Both “essential” and “additional” qualifications will be assessed through the interview process. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification during this interview process.
Provision of plumbing, gas fitting and related mechanical services for systems in industrial and residential settings.
• Maintenance of work records;
• Review and interpretation of conceptual/ building/construction plans (e.g. blue prints and other construction documents).
Be part of an inspiring team! Parks Canada is a world leader in natural and cultural conservation, Canada's largest provider of natural and historic visitor facilities and manager of destinations that form the cornerstones of the Canadian tourism industry.
Have you ever thought of establishing a career in one of Canada's most amazing and iconic places? Canada's national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas offer opportunities to work in unique locations and live the ultimate Canadian experience.
Want to be part of ensuring a great legacy for Canada and Canadians? Parks Canada is embarking on an unprecedented program of restoration work to heritage, visitor, water and highway assets located within our special places across Canada.
If you are interested in this opportunity, why not consider a career for the Parks Canada Agency? We offer:
• Rewarding work in every corner of the country;
• Learning opportunities that promote individual and organizational excellence;
• An opportunity to experience our rich natural and cultural heritage first-hand;
• Employment with dedicated colleagues in a well-respected federal organization;
• An opportunity to connect with Canadians at their most valued natural and cultural treasures.
Intent of the process
The results of this process will be used to fill 1 indeterminate vacancy at the GL PIP 10 (Plumber) level and may be used in the future to fill permanent or temporary vacancies that may arise at the GL PIP 10 group and level, in the Lake Louise, Yoho & Kootenay Field Unit, in various locations, with full or part-time hours for various tenures, such as: Seasonal Indeterminate, Term, Acting or Assignment at level, depending on status of the selected candidate.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
A covering letter "Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter (Maximum 700 words) how they meet the Education, Occupational Certification and Experience criteria listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter. Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education, Occupational Certification and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application. Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information."
Contact information for 3 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
• Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent.
• Journeyman Plumber “Red Seal” Certificate and minimum “Class B” Gasfitter Ticket
• Minimum 5 years as a qualified Red Seal Journeyman in the plumbing trade, which includes plumbing, utilities and heating systems;
• Researching and implementing current codes, statues and regulations related to plumbing, gas and utilities services;
• With heating systems and their components – propane boilers, hot water heaters and furnaces.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
• Current methods and practices related to plumbing, propane gas and utilities services;
• Safety rules, WHMIS and safe work practices related to trades;
• Researching and Implementing current codes related to plumbing and gas installations.
• Maintain work records;
• Review and interpret conceptual/ building/ construction plans (e.g. blue prints and other construction documents);
• Use time effectively and efficiently;
• Adjust easily to changing priorities.
• Takes responsibility;
• Exercises sound judgement;
• Strives for excellence;
• Communicate effectively;
• Demonstrates integrity.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
• Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform and prescribed protective equipment;
• Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required;
• Willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation.
Conditions of employment
• Obtain and maintain Reliability Status
• Maintenance of a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Parks Canada is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. Parks Canada operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
Each person is entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
For tips to navigate the application process step by step, refer to the following short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GW7P3g9hhI.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Jason Botterill, Technical Services Coordinator|
- Date modified: