Maintenance Worker (Water & Wastewater Operator)
Selection process number: 2023-CAP-PUK-EA-SEA-13
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
In addition, preference may be given to candidates who self-identify as Indigenous, visible minorities or persons with disabilities. As such, we encourage you to self-identify in your application.
How to Apply:
You can apply to this competition in one of three ways;
a. Visit the GC jobs website and search for the following process number: 2023-CAP-PUK-EA-SEA-13.
b. Complete the online application and answer the online screening questions (if applicable).
2. By Email
a. Send in your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
b. In your email please indicate you’re applying on process: 2023-CAP-PUK-EA-SEA-13.
3. In Person
a. Visit the Pukaskwa National Park admin office in Heron Bay and drop off your resume in person with one of the Parks Canada staff.
Questions/ for more information: Call 807-371-0039 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that for this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail. Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users. Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent.
• Inspect, operate and maintain water and wastewater system
• Operate seasonal campground small water system
• Water testing, sampling, recording and reporting
• Perform code compliance inspection
• Other general operation and maintenance duties as assigned
• Possess “Operation of Small Drinking Water System Certificate or willing and capable of obtaining one at employer’s cost.
Pukaskwa National Park's exceptional beauty is revealed in its vistas of Lake Superior and in the rugged, ancient landscape of the Canadian shield and northern forest. The spirit of the wilderness envelopes those who explore this special place. The only wilderness national park in Ontario, Pukaskwa protects 1878 square km of an ecosystem that features boreal forest and Lake Superior shoreline.
Intent of the process
This process (will OR may) be used to create a list of qualified candidates to staff similar positions with various tenures (permanent, seasonal, temporary, casual, part-time and full-time) security levels or linguistic (profiles OR requirements) in same or other parts of the country.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
A covering letter "Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience criteria listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter. Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application. Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information."
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
• Graduation with a secondary school diploma OR
• An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience
• Experience in safe and efficient use of hand and power tools
• Experience in the use of computers and programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
• Knowledge of safety procedures and precautions
• Ability to carry out routine inspections
• Ability to contribute and work within a team environment
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Works well with others
• Communicates effectively
• Demonstrates Initiative
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
ADDITIONAL OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATION
• Operation of small drinking water system certificate
• SVOP Certificate
• Experience in general routine operation, installation, maintenance and inspection related to small potable water system, sewage system and facility
Conditions of employment
• Obtain and maintain Reliability Security Status
• Possess and maintain a valid Class G driver’s license
• Complete a pre-employment medical (and periodic medical assessments)
• Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform and prescribed protective equipment
• Willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions and remote location
• Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and
provincial/territorial holidays, when required
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
An interview will be administered.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their application.
The Parks Canada Agency is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. The Parks Canada Agency operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
📢 Tips for applicants:
• Please provide complete and thorough details of your education and experience.
• Do not assume that the screening board has any previous knowledge of your background, qualifications, or work history. You must be specific and provide concrete examples/details for each experience element, as applications will be screened only on the information provided.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|NOFU Human Resources|
- Date modified: