Selection process number: 21-DND-EA-ARC-472052
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Your application in this inventory will be active for 160 days. A notice that your application is about to expire will be posted to the My Jobs menu of your account 30 days before the end of your active period. If you do not take action, your application will no longer be active and therefore no longer considered for this inventory. Should your application become inactive while the process is still open, a notice will be posted to your account indicating that your application has expired; you may select the link Update my Inventory Status to reaffirm your interest. Interested persons must meet each essential qualification and the conditions of employment to be considered for appointment to a vacant position. Meeting asset qualifications may not necessarily be required for appointments to a vacant position however; these qualifications are desirable and may be a determining factor for an appointment.
It is our intention to communicate with candidates VIA E-MAIL and/or jobs.gc.ca site for screening and assessment purposes; this will include communication of screening results and invitations for interview. To that end, candidates must include a valid e-mail address in their application. IT IS THE CANDIDATE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THIS ADDRESS IS FUNCTIONAL AND THAT IT ACCEPTS MESSAGES FROM UNKNOWN USERS (some e-mail systems block these types of e-mail). IT IS ALSO THE CANDIDATE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION IS PROVIDED AND UPDATED AS REQUIRED.
An interview may be conducted.
Reference checks may be conducted.
Assessments may be conducted in order to evaluate certain competencies. The assessments will be conducted in Bagotville when a pool is created from this inventory. Candidates will be required to pay for their own travel expenses when invited for assessment.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to establish a pool of qualified candidates that may be selected at any time to staff determinate and indeterminate positions. This process may also serve to staff similar positions.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- A secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of training or experience.
- Experience in shipping, receiving or stores operation
- Experience working with computer systems for merchandises management
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications as Word, Excel and Outlook.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
- Ability to communicate both orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
PERSONAL SUITABILITY :
- Demonstrating integrity and respect.
- Thinking things through.
- Working effectively with others.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Hazardous material packaging (HAZMAT PKG)
- Control of hazardous material (CTL OF HAZMAT)
- Dangerous goods certification (DANG GOODS CERT)
- Radiation safety specialist (RAD SAFE SPECIALIST)
- Experience in repair or disposal.
- Experience in stocking stores.
- Experience in inventory management.
- Experience in shipping and receiving goods.
- Experience providing customer service in a warehouse setting.
- Experience operating a forklift.
- Experience in the transportation of dangerous goods.
- Experience in the storage of dangerous goods.
- Experience working with hazardous materials.
- Experience using computerized warehouse and inventory management systems.
Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women
In support of Strong, Secure, Engaged (SSE) initiative #24, consideration may be given to the spouses or common-law partners of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Have or be able to obtain a DND driving permit.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
- Possession of a valid (and unrestricted, depending on position) motor vehicle driver’s license issued by a Canadian province or territory*
*You may be required to provide an up-to-date and acceptable driver’s abstract if you are considered for appointment.
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain a military driver’s permit (DND 404/FMT 600).
- Willing and able to wear CSA approved safety footwear and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Willing and able to perform a variety of physical tasks, including but not limited to, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, and sitting.
- Willing and able to work at heights.
- Willing and able to work in confined spaces.
- Willing and able to work in a dusty environment.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Willing and able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 kg in accordance with general safety practices.
- Willing and able to work shift work.
- Willing and able to do overtime, as needed
- Must attend applicable trade training courses as selected and scheduled by the employer.
Candidates must meet and maintain the above conditions throughout their employment.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Date modified: