External Relations Students - New Brunswick South Field Unit
Selection process number: 2021-12-CAP-NBSFU-STU-RM-OC-0030
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
On November 8th, 2021, the Parks Canada Agency announced the details of its vaccination requirement for all employees.
As per the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for Parks Canada Agency, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate, determinate (term), casual, as and when required, and student hiring (full-time, part-time and seasonal). Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to ensure terms and conditions of employment are met, the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete a vaccination attestation form.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE PUBLIC SERVICE RESOURCING SYSTEM.
The New Brunswick South Field Unit External Relations Team provides communications support in all aspects to Fundy National Park, Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Site, St. Andrews Blockhouse National Historic Site and Saint Croix Island International Historic Site.
Stream 1 - Media Relations:
- Work closely with Resource Conservation to help Canadians learn more about conservation and restoration methods happening at Fundy National Park.
- Work closely with Visitor Experience to help promote programs and initiatives in Fundy National Park, Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Site, St. Andrews Blockhouse National Historic Site and Saint Croix Island International Historic Site
- Use design skills to create new and innovative educational products through video editing and photography.
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to assist with media relations and event planning.
Stream 2 -Outreach Education and Social Media:
- Learn, develop and deliver outreach and educational messages and programs on Parks Canada places, specifically Fundy National Park, Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Site, St. Andrews Blockhouse National Historic Site and Saint Croix Island International Historic Site.
- Digitally engage with the public in ways that reflect Parks Canada’s brand and mandate.
- Write and edit communications materials including social media posts, web content, and video and podcast scripts.
- Assist in design projects to create new and innovative educational products through photo collages, video editing and minor photography services.
- COVID Permitting: Representing Parks Canada at public events.
- Occasionally wear mascot costume at events.
Parks Canada is a federal government agency responsible for the protection and presentation of Canada’s outstanding natural and cultural resources through a system of national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites in all regions of Canada.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to hire students for the summer 2022. The exact number of positions available is to be determined.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Registered as a full-time student in a recognized institution (high school, CEGEP, College, University, etc.) and returning to full-time studies for the next academic term (Fall 2022).
• Experience in communications product development such as social media posts, poster content, etc.
• Experience in graphic design
• Experience in video editing
• Experience in photography
• Ability to do public speaking and engage an audience
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual - Imperative
Bilingual (French and English)
• Ability to handle challenging situations
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task
• Exercises sound judgment
• Strives for excellence
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
• All Parks Canada Agency employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
• Must be willing to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required.
• Must be willing to wear a Parks Canada uniform and prescribed protective equipment.
• May be required to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation.
• May be required to possess a valid Class 5 driver's license.
• Will be required to have your own transportation to and from the workplace.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
You will have to submit a proof of enrollment.
Persons are entitled to be assessed in the official language of their choice.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Date modified: