Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Selection process number: 23-RCM-EA-N-S-NCR-SPS/TO-117709
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Persons who cannot apply online or persons with disabilities preventing them from applying online are asked to inform the contact persons responsible for this process prior to the closing date. You may also review jobs open to the public through INFOTEL at 1-800-645-5605. The INFOTEL number for persons using a TTY/TDD is 1-800-532-9397.
The RCMP Air Services is a national program providing airborne law enforcement consisting of the policy centre (Air Services Branch) in Ottawa at National Headquarters and divisional air sections. Air Services has 35 aircraft (mix of fixed- and rotary-wing) at 19 air sections strategically located across the country. Air Services employs 190 employees including Pilots, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, Flight Coordinators and Tactical Flight Officers.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Air Services is looking for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers for various locations across the country to perform maintenance on its fleet of aircraft. The Aircraft Maintenance Engineers report to the local Base Manager and her/his duties include:
- Performing the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspection and repair of the fixed- and/or rotary-wing aircraft;
- Scheduling local aircraft maintenance activities around flight operations;
- Completing all aircraft technical records and maintenance releases;
- Other duties related to the position.
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to staff one position on an indeterminate basis in Regina (SK), with a linguistic profile of English Essential and a RCMP Enhanced Reliability top secret security clearance.
A pool of candidates may be established and may be used to staff similar positions within the RCMP across Canada on an indeterminate or specified period (including term, acting, or assignment) basis, with various linguistic profiles and an RCMP Enhanced Reliability top secret security clearance.
Should a Civilian Member (CM) be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to the Public Service (PS) category for the CM.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- A secondary school diploma or employer approved alternatives
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Successful completion of a Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Program
- A valid Category M1 aircraft maintenance engineering license issued by Transport Canada (License/Certification)
- Extensive* and recent*** experience as an M1 licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME);
- Significant** experience in scheduling maintenance activities in an operational ready environment;
- Significant** experience in providing maintenance advice;
- Significant** experience in completing all technical records related to the maintenance of aeronautical product, including maintenance releases;
- Significant** experience evaluating aircraft, systems or component performance, integrity and condition, and develop solutions.
*Extensive experience is defined as the depth and breadth of experience normally acquired with having performed a broad range of various, complex related activities acquired over a period of five (5) or more years.
**Significant is defined the depth and breadth of experience normally acquired with having performed a broad range of various, complex related activities acquired over a period of more than two (2) years.
***Recent is defined as within the past three (3) years.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Line maintenance course for the PC12 aircraft;
- Human Factors in aircraft maintenance;
- Introduction to Safety Management System
- Experience in servicing, maintaining and inspecting complex fixed wing aircraft;
- Experience working with WinAir or another maintenance tracking software;
- Experience working in an airborne law enforcement environment;
- Experience in maintenance of the Pilatus PC12 aircraft
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
- Knowledge of the Canadian Aviation Regulations;
- Knowledge of Aviation Quality Assurance program;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing;
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment;
- Ability to plan and organize work;
- Ability to troubleshoot aviation products and aircrafts systems;
- Ability to use an elaborate test equipment to troubleshoot.
- Effective interpersonal skills
Conditions of employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
-Top Secret security clearance - All applicants for positions within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police will be subject to a thorough security clearance process which includes an interview wherein questions may include (but not limited to), reference checks,previous employment, on-line activities, credit checks, alcohol and/or drug use.
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to travel for work related matters, spending long hours in travel status with disruption to regular time off (RTO).
- Must be willing and able to work overtime on short notice to meet operational demand.
-The candidate must meet the Royal Canadian Mounted Police medical requirements.This factor is not used at the pre-selection stage. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is responsible for the medical clearance process.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
A written exam may be administered.
An interview may be administered.
Reference checks may be sought.
A simulation/situational exercise or role play may be administered.
Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position.
Candidates may be required to meet the asset qualifications or the organizational needs, depending on the requirements of the specific position being staffed.
Acknowledgement of receipt of applications will not be sent; we will contact candidates when the screening process is completed.
You must provide proof of education credentials. If you obtained your degree outside Canada, it is your responsibility to demonstrate its equivalence, please take a look at the following link for more information: https://www.cicic.ca.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Please identify clearly your substantive group and level and your employment status on your resume and/or application form.
If a qualified candidate has been selected and appointed on an indeterminate basis from the established pool, they will be removed from the pool. If a candidate is selected for a specified period (including term, acting, or assignment/secondment) appointment, they will remain in the pool for future offers.
Our means of communication with applicants is via e-mail. Please ensure to include a functional e-mail address, which will accept messages from unknown users (some e-mail systems block these types of e-mails). It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the Public Service Commission or the departmental official in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
HOW TO APPLY:
You will be required to answer screening questions to demonstrate how you meet the Essential Qualifications (Education and all Essential Experiences).
When answering the screening questions, it is not sufficient to say that you have the required qualifications or to list your current or past responsibilities. Rather, you must provide concrete examples of tasks you have accomplished with significant details to explain the WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and HOW you acquired each qualification.
For each experience criteria, please provide the following information:
1- Name of the department or organization where the experience was acquired;
2- Title of the position occupied, group and level and the period(s) in which you performed the functions (M-Y to M-Y);
3- Specific details of tasks or projects demonstrating how the experience was acquired (Situation/Challenge, Tasks, Action and Result).
Should your responses to the screening questions contain insufficient details to demonstrate that you meet the screening criteria, your application will not be given further consideration in this process. Candidates will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Brigitte Pepin, Client Services Manager|
- Date modified: