Selection process number: 2022-CSD-EA-ON-0122783
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The Federal Public Service is stronger and most effective when we reflect the diversity of the Canadian population we serve. Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is dedicated to building and promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, representative of Canadian society. All candidates who believe they are qualified are encouraged to apply, including Black, other racialized and Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and persons of the LGBTQ2+ community.
Our Departmental values guide us in everything we do. ESDC is seeking candidates who identify with these values. Candidates are expected to read the “Statement of Values” in the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector prior to submitting an application: https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=25049
As a SUPPORT CLERK, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of support for the Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security programs.
The SUPPORT CLERK duties may also include:
• Filing documents away in our Central Registry for storage.
• Receiving, screening, classifying, sorting and/or registering initial mail/client information for various departmental programs and services within prescribed procedures and requirements.
• Applying established procedures and guidelines related to processing mail, manually or electronically.
• Electronically inputting a large quantity of data with a focus on accuracy and speed.
• Operating various types of office equipment (e.g., high-speed printers, photocopiers, scanners and computers).
Employment and Social Development Canada is one of Canada's top 100 employers! This is your chance to join an employer of choice!
ESDC ensures employees have a safe, inclusive and innovative work environment where they feel valued and motivated.
We offer the opportunity to continue to develop your professional skills and engage in learning and advancement opportunities across program areas. Following any necessary (paid) training and qualifying periods, our employees enjoy paid vacation and sick days, health and dental benefits and a pension!
Work is performed in person; however, telework/working remotely may be required. Applicants must be willing and able to work remotely IF requested.
A probationary period of 12 months will apply for all new hires into the Federal Public Service.
Intent of the process
A pool of qualified candidates will be established and may be used to staff similar positions in various work environments and program/service areas within ESDC (Service Canada) in Ontario.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives (a satisfactory score on the PSC test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma (GIT320); or an *acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience).
• Secondary school diploma refers to a high school diploma.
• Equivalencies granted by provincial and/or territorial authorities (e.g. General Education Development (GED), Adult Basic Education (ABE) which is a secondary school equivalent) will be accepted.
• A degree from a recognized** post-secondary institution will be accepted in lieu of a secondary school diploma.
**A recognized post-secondary institution includes those categorized as “recognized”, as well as “authorized” by the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC).
• The PSC test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma is the General Intelligence Test 320 (GIT320).
• *An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience is described as a minimum 2 years of secondary school education and 1 year of employment experience.
Candidates with foreign credentials must provide proof of Canadian equivalency. If you have foreign credentials, please see the information on Degree Equivalency.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB
Second Language Writing Skills Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your writing skills in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills
ABILITIES AND PERSONAL SUITABILITY
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment and with the public (Oral Communication).
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment and with the public in writing (Written Communication).
• Ability to review and verify information with accuracy in a fast-paced environment to support decision-making (Verification and Accuracy).
• Ability to work cooperatively and respectfully, while contributing to team results (Working Effectively with Others).
• Ability to be punctual and to meet work deadlines (Dependability).
• Ability to act with transparency and fairness, and demonstrate values and ethics in interactions with others (Demonstrating Integrity and Respect).
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Employment and Social Development Canada is committed to Employment Equity (EE). In order to achieve a representative workforce, selection may be based on qualified candidates self-declaring as belonging to one or more of the following EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, women and visible minorities. We encourage you to indicate if you belong to one or more of the designated groups by completing the EE section in your application.
Willing and able to work overtime as required.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance - Credit Check
• Willing and able to work shift work.
• Willing and able to travel for training purposes.
• Willing and able to lift 10-23 kg.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Candidates will be contacted and invited to assessments via email. It is imperative that you provide a valid email address that accepts email from unknown users (some messaging systems block these types of correspondence). Candidates are responsible for checking their emails, as well as their junk emails, regularly. In addition, you need to inform us of any changes to your contact information. If you fail to follow these recommendations, you may be eliminated from the selection process.
Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Testing may be administered during the day, evenings and/or weekends. Assessments are planned to occur on an ongoing basis. Applicants should be available for assessment at any time. Alternative testing dates will be limited and only offered for extenuating circumstances and on a case by case basis.
Please note that as of January 2, 2023, the General Competency Test: Level 1 (GCT1-207) will replace the GIT-320 as an alternative to a high school education requirement. If you’ve taken the GIT-320 as an alternative to a secondary school diploma and passed, you don’t need to take the GCT1-207 for this purpose.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|CR-03 Assessment Board|
- Date modified: