Administrative Assistant - Finance
Selection process number: 2021-PKS-PWL-OC-054
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
We will only accept on-line applications received via the jobs.gc.ca site.
All job applications must therefore be submitted through the Public Service Resourcing System. Following are some of the benefits associated with applying on-line.
- Applicants can create a profile and a resume that can be used when applying for other processes without having to recreate a new application each time.
- Applicants can modify their application/resume at any time BEFORE the closing date indicated on the job advertisement.
- Applicants can verify the status of their applications, at any time.
- Applicants can be notified electronically of tests or interviews and results.
- For some jobs, applicants will find important information, namely the job questionnaire and a complete statement of merit criteria that are only available when applying on-line.
To submit an application on-line, please select the button "Apply Online" below.
Persons who are unable to apply on-line must contact the person listed below prior to the closing date.
On November 8th, 2021, the Parks Canada Agency announced the details of its vaccination requirement for all employees.
As per the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for Parks Canada Agency, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate, determinate (term), casual, as and when required, and student hiring (full-time, part-time and seasonal). Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to ensure terms and conditions of employment are met, the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete a vaccination attestation form.
Provides financial, administrative and operational support.
Be part of an inspiring team! Parks Canada is a world leader in natural and cultural conservation, Canada's largest provider of natural and historic visitor facilities and manager of destinations that form the cornerstones of the Canadian tourism industry.
Have you ever thought of establishing a career in one of Canada's most amazing and iconic places? Canada's national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas offer opportunities to work in unique locations and live the ultimate Canadian experience.
Want to be part of ensuring a great legacy for Canada and Canadians? Parks Canada is embarking on an unprecedented program of restoration work to heritage, visitor, water and highway assets located within our special places across Canada.
If you are interested in this opportunity, why not consider a career for the Parks Canada Agency? We offer:
• Rewarding work in every corner of the country;
• Learning opportunities that promote individual and organizational excellence;
• An opportunity to experience our rich natural and cultural heritage first-hand;
• Employment with dedicated colleagues in a well-respected federal organization:
An opportunity to connect with Canadians at their most valued natural and cultural treasures.
Intent of the process
The results of this process will be used to fill an indeterminate vacancy and may be used in the future to fill permanent or temporary vacancies that may arise in various locations, with full or part-time hours for various tenures.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
Contact information for 3 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or an acceptable level of education, training and work related experience.
• Experience using email, internet and standard office software (ie: MS Word and MS Excel)
• Experience in general administrative office procedures and practices
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
• Knowledge of safe cash handling practices
• Knowledge of basic accounting terminology and processes
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally
• Ability to provide service excellence to internal and external clients
• Ability to organize workload and establish priorities and processes effectively
• Ability to ensure completeness and accuracy: attention to detail
• Ability to cooperate and collaborate well with co-workers
• Exercises sound judgement
• Makes things happen
• Demonstrates integrity
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS :
AE1 - Successful completion of a College Diploma, specializing in Business Administration Commerce, Finance, Accounting or Economics
AE1 - Experience working with a financial system in the Federal Public Service, such as SAP
AE2 - Experience in basic accounting and cash handling
AE3 - Experience in revenue and/or accounts receivable processing
• Travel throughout the Waterton Lakes Field Unit in various weather conditions
• Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform
• Willingness and ability to physically manoeuvre large, cumbersome and heavy objects (25 K Max) and use a pallet jack to load/unload heavier items as may be applicable
Conditions of employment
• Obtain and maintain Reliability Status
• Maintenance of a valid Class 5 Driver’s License (Class L, N or other graduated license will not be accepted)
• All Parks Canada Agency employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
For tips to navigate the application process step by step, refer to the following site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GW7P3g9hhI.
Please submit your completed application, including all of the above-mentioned documentation. Failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
The Parks Canada Agency is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. The Parks Canada Agency operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Tips for applicants:
• Please provide complete and thorough details of your education and experience.
• Do not assume that the screening board has any previous knowledge of your background, qualifications, or work history. You must be specific and provide concrete examples/details for each Experience element, as applications will be screened only on the information provided.
• Failure to provide sufficient information may result in your application being screened out of the competition.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
Travel cost for individuals who are not Federal Public Servants will not be covered.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Kris Moojalsky, Accounting Operations & Budget Officer
- Date modified: